Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Dear Diary,

It's been three weeks since I found out that my mother has been on drugs. Yes, it's hard and sad to mention this, but I found out my mother was using drugs. When I found the drugs in her bedroom, I couldn't believe it. It's no wonder why my mother has been acting like this. Being so bossy to the point where she is abusive now. The most recent time that she has hit me was two weeks ago, and since then I have not spoken now. Another reason why I haven't updated is that I was also busy taking care of the house. Cleaning the place, mopping, making my room up only, washing clothes, and only getting food whenever my mother only allowed me to get food.

For the last three weeks, I have been avoiding any communication from her because I grew afraid to talk to my mother now. My mom has made me afraid to the point I can't be around her. Every day, either coming out of school or even after practice, I'm afraid to go back home. So I have been trying to stay out as late as I can to spend time with Kaylaa and Kiesha at Kayla's place.

Michael is the only person that knows. So I think. He probably told Prince about it by now. I wouldn't be surprised if he did since Michael told me they are both affiliated with a gang. I was also shocked when he told me, but honestly, I have also been afraid for him. I'm afraid because I don't want anything to happen to him like go to jail, get shot, or killed. Michael and Prince both have good futures going for them. At least I know Michael does.

Michael hasn't told me the full extent to how he and Prince got into the gang. On the date that Michael asked me out, I couldn't I couldn't go. I was actually on punishment, but my mother didn't tell me for how long tho. Even though it's been three weeks, I still don't know if I am out of punishment. I hope this week I finally get some type of freedom.

I have to go, I just heard my mother come in.

Tasha.

Latasha's POV

Ciara and Tinashe with 2 On Goodies track for cheer practice

It's after 7 am on a Wednesday, and I am in early morning rehearsal for today's Town Hall before we go on a short break or Thanksgiving. Cheer season is almost over for me, and I have to say it has been a fun activity I have joined so far this year. It was something that I could escape from home. Two more performances have to be done before the end of the semester. One for today, and the other will be next month a week before we go on break.

We didn't need the guys part of our routine we will perform tonight. We have been practicing this routine that Kaylaa herself has put together since around Homecoming. This time around requires a lot of energy and movement. Kaylaa made me the leader of the dance after I told her that I'm not comfortable being in the front lead. But after a couple of practices, I felt pretty good. Although, I am still nervous about performing later on. What if I fall? What if I stumble and make the other girls fall? Maybe I am just overthinking.

"Alright, y'all! That was good! See y'all backstage this afternoon," Kaylaa says and we all told each other good job and grabbed our things. We were able to stay in our green and white cheer uniforms. I also decided to wear my natural curls out today.

 I also decided to wear my natural curls out today