Chapter one: the prince, and a fuckton of poor people.

Shoto Todoroki

"NO! I don't want to marry another royal! I want to marry a citizen. Is that not the best way to show unity and trust to our people?!"

"Shoto, this arrangement has already been made! The girl is travelling in as we speak!" My father, King Enji, roared back at me. Shouting matches like this in the great hall were commonplace between us.

"Tell her not to bother! I will not say yes at the alter, there is no point in her coming!"

"...FINE! You marry a citizen. But I want you to have chosen by this time next week, we don't have time to waste. You're eighteen now, the time has come."

You married when you were thirty-three you old fuck!

"Thank you father. Now, have an urgent letter sent out, calling for all eligible young men between the ages of 18 and 25 to report to the palace at noon this Sunday, for my selection. I will narrow it down to a set group, then spend the week with them before making my decision."

"...whatever." he scowled. He had always done as I asked, and I knew deep down that the tough exterior was a facade for how much of a pushover the bastard was. He didn't care that I was gay. In fact, he probably did, but knew he'd never win an argument with me either way.

I know I'm a bitch. And it's particularly fun being a bitch to him, because he tried to raise me. And it's his fault that I am this way. I had long since decided that I wanted my husband to be one of the nation's people, and I finally had what I wanted. I will meet them all in a couple of days, and narrow down the group. I was expecting a lot of people to turn out, and new I could only take a handful with me.

Six. Yes, I think six is a good number. We certainly have enough bedrooms to house six guests for a week, and I could manage the day into chunks for each of them with little issue.

My only worry was that I wouldn't find anyone fun.. I don't just want a husband, a friend would be nice too, y'know? I just want someone that I know will listen to anything I have to say no matter what, always there when I need them.

But...I'm sure amongst our small nation of 600,000 people, at least one of the boys will be hot as fuck, friendly as fuck, all around just good as fuck.

Well, I'll have to wait to see what Sunday brings~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katsuki Bakugo

"DIE! DIE! DIE!"

"KATSUKI!! STOP SHOUTING AT YOUR VIDEO GAME AND GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE, THERE'S A LETTER HERE FOR YOU!"

A letter? For me? That's fuckin' lame I thought before shouting back "ONE MINUTE!!"

Approximately four minutes later, I trudged down the stairs, ignoring the stare of my mother's beady eyes. She pointed towards the letter and I rolled my eyes, tearing open the seal. My eyes went a little wide when I saw the words "By Royal Decree" at the top of the page, and my eyes scanned over all the useless shit, zeroing in on the important bit and reading it allowed.

"-Prince Shoto has decided he wishes to marry a citizen of the nation. All men between the ages of 18-25 are invited to attend the palace at noon on Sunday for the chance to be selected for further time with the Prince."

I heard a little gasp from the hag, and she said "well, you'd best be going, Katsuki. It'll take you a fair train ride to get to the capital~"

"...what makes you so fucking certain I'm going, huh?"

"Please, you've been talking about how you wish you were a royal for at least 10 years. And here's your chance~"

"...I'm going shortly. BUT NOT BECAUSE YOU SAID TO, HAG!"