Chapter 4: tape

Shoto Todoroki

Locking the door to the little room contained with all my potential husbands, I sighed a little and placed the key on a desktop nearby. Today had been a looooooooong day of getting to know, and then inspecting, naked men. I was tired, ya know? Plus now, I had to sit through a family dinner. What bullshit!

I had older siblings, two brothers and a sister. My eldest brother had run away a few years back, so that was kinda nice, but I still had to endure the other two. Natsuo, my brother, was a smartass, constantly making snide remarks about how it was unfair that the youngest was next in line to the throne. Fuyumi, my sister, was always the one to calm him down, acting as a peacekeeper. She wasn't so bad, but her bubbly personality got annoying in the tense household.

Father was possibly the most annoying, constantly deciding things on his own, but being too weak to follow through on them when I disagreed. I'd had so long not being stood up to that it irritated me. I knew what a good father was meant to be like, so what the hell was that fucker doing?

"Shoto, sit. With respect to your own wishes, I have cancelled the Princess's visit. However...I received a request from another nation. They wish to send their son as a suitor, and I consider-"

"No." I said, with my face as deadpan as I could manage.

"Shoto, this has been arranged. The boy is coming to meet you. You are not being forced to marry him, just...entertain him for the day, that's all I ask. His name is Mashirao Ojiro, and-"

"He's just coming for a day?" I confirmed, having coined up an idea. "..what day?"

"Friday. Will you entertain him for the day?"

"....yes, I will."

"Good. Now then, tell me. How have you found your six suitors so far?"

"All very intriguing. Each brings their own qualities, and they all have their own little standout personality traits, and some with a few secrets under their layers.." I said calmly, keeping my face unreadable. It would be rather problematic if father found out that I had stripped them all naked and fondled them to see whom I was interested in. He would see that as distasteful. Another reason we don't get along..

Natsuo was being a dick, as usual, whinging about how I got a free choice of who to marry when he was being forced to wait. I just shrugged and said "you can meet them if you want, I'm sure you'd like one or two~"

"No thank you. Unlike you, I have an interest in keeping pure, noble blood in this family."

"How do you expect you and a husband to....never mind. I knew you were stupid, but....eeeeesh."

"Fuck off!"

"Enough, boys..." Fuyumi piped up, and we both just glared at her. Ugh, I hate this family SO MUCH!

Storming out of the dinner hall, I returned to my room in a huff. I decided to read over my notes on everyone to catch up on how I was feeling about all of them. My notes were all short and concise, so it didn't take long to compile them into a larger notebook, designed to collate my findings. The little starts I had placed were to show what I was very confident on about each person.

Hanta Sero - 1

~Talkative*, Modest,
~Poor family, needs money
~Reluctant to join, gave in after coercion
~Reasonably impressive, slender figure
~Averagely endowed, slightly above average rear

TetsuTetsu TetsuTetsu - 2

~Annoying name
~Bit of an airhead
~Confident, Flirty*, Playful
~Somewhat Obedient
~Seemed willing to join
~Muscular, strong arms and legs
~Well above averagely endowed, average rear