Ch. 8- With you

A/N: hi guys, I know it's a bit confusing how Nikolai is an omega while his wolf Marquise is an alpha. I wanted to ask for your patience, I promise you will understand as the story continue. Thank you for all the reads and comments.

/////////

A warm hand that softly touching his face made Nikolai open his eyes and jolted up but a soft gentle voice that calling his name made him calm down and look at the person who is in his side.

Elijah staring at him worriedly while holding his hand, his eyes flickered as he stare at his mate's eyes as if he found a treasure chest full of gold and gemstones. Nikolai who tried to calm himself, lower his head to avoid the burning gaze of his mate.

"I'm not going to hurt you, darling, I'm sorry for what I did earlier. I shouldn't force you like that, please forgive me. " Elijah said in full sincerity.

"Darling? "

Nikolai slowly looks at him and with his heart beating fast, he knows all forgiveness is there whatever the situation is.

"It's fine, I understand. I'm sorry too, I just don't want to ruin our job here, I thought you are just an ordinary employee like me. " Nikolai explained that made Elijah smiled. He didn't expect that his mate is ready to protect him.

"Thank you but I don't think I can let you go back to your area, you fainted and my papa is worried that he asked to bring you to the main house tonight. They left earlier for there is an emergency. " Elijah said, still holding his mate's hand.

He is happy that Nikolai didn't try to withdraw his hand from his hold.

Nikolai is in deep thought, he remembers how he fainted. The sudden feel of electricity the moment he hold Luna's hand that travels fast on his heart made his breathing became shallow. It feels like all the vague memories of the luna were transferred to him.

"Darling! " Elijah called him again. "Darling don't think too much, if you are not ready yet, we can go some other time but for now I want you to take a rest. It's time to go home anyway.  " Elijah explained in a gentle voice while shooting himself beside his mate.

Nikolai flinches with the sudden closeness, the side of his skin where his mate feels burning and tingling. As his thought drifted on his obligation as a head engineer of the company he suddenly turn his head towards his mate to say something but his breath caught when the tip of their nose touch each other.

"I.- I'm sorry! " Nikolai blurted out and quickly turn his away from Elijah's face.

He heard his mate chuckles but his body became stiff when his mate hold his chin and turn his face towards him.

"I feel your worries, tell me. " Elijah encouraged him while stroking his lips gently with his thumb.

Nikolai's eyes flickered, his heart pounding heart but he knows that he needs to tell Elijah about his position in the company and them being mate might cause some gossips all around.

"You are the CEO of this company and we are mates, I don't want to cause a problem with anyone. I'm just a mere employee here and omega on top of that, so is it okay if we keep this a secret for now? " Nikolai said without looking at the man beside him. He doesn't want to see the disappointed look in his mate's eyes.

"If I agree to what you said, it feels like I'm okay when other alphas look at you with lust. Don't you have any idea how beautiful you are? and omega on top of that! " Elijah took a deep breath and pull him closer. " I am not just a CEO of a large company, I am an alpha wolf, I need my mate to balance my people or my pack. So don't ask me to keep it a secret about us but yes I will not be clingy and I will let you do your job as a head engineer but please do your part as my mate. " Elijah kissed his forehead and inhale his scent.