Ch.27- Marquise

A/N: slight mention of blood.

***************

The wide area of the training ground of the Midnight pack is full of spectators. The mixed feelings of everyone are evident. Nikolai and Elijah walk towards them but stop in the middle while staring at the people in the center of the training ground.

All eyes were on them, like a newlywed couple who walked down in the aisle after receiving blessings. As they take their steps towards the center where everyone is waiting. Areyah, Lucas and, Pharm are already there, waiting for Nikolai to come forward.

Elijah took a deep breath, he claimed his mate as they woke up. He didn't expect that his parents decided to held the incantation today to meet Nikolai's wolf. The stare from everyone is quite intimidating but his mate is calm as the wind.

His uncles arrived early in the morning, the members of the pack is present, all of them wanted to witness how does Nikolai's wolf leave his body without shifting. They wanted to just fascinate themselves and get astonished by the power that the wolf of darkness hold.

"Are you sure you wanted to do this? " Elijah asked his mate while squeezing his hand.

"Yes! We are! " Nikolai answered but it made Elijah taken aback by the tone of his voice.

His mate's wolf put up everything in one decision, it wanted to end the situation in one go, it wanted to introduce himself without further ado.

As the wind blows, Elijah watches how his mate stands in front of the guardians with a stoic face. Without fear and with plain emotion. Staring at them, Elijah can feel how Areyah and Pharm became uneasy with the sudden look from Nikolai.

Type who take the spot behind Nikolai glances at Tharn who became worried after they felt the sudden tension.

Type took another step to Nikolai but get stopped when a sudden black smoke enveloped them.

All become blurry, all pack members push aside and didn't get to see what was happening inside the circle of that black smoke. The only people present there are Type's brothers, Elijah and Thanya, Tharn and Type, and the guardians.

"Darling! " Elijah called his mate but Nikolai just standstill staring at the guardians, waiting for their next move.

"You don't know what to do, aren't you?" Nikolai asked the guardians with a taunting smile.

"No! We don't! " Areyah simply answered, trying so hard to hide the fear that slowly creeping into her. If they want to find the truth they should lay the truth itself, there's no place for lying now.

They wanted to summon Nikolai's wolf but they honestly don't know how, even the head guardians didn't know any spell on how to summon a wolf for this is the first time for them that a wolf can leave a human's body.

"Well, I do! " Nikolai answered.

The wind blows harshly, its warm breeze brushes their skin like slow torture. It slowly creeps into their system like blood traveling to their veins.

They watch how Nikolai remains calm and stoic while they closed their eyes for a sudden heat. Type who is standing behind his son's mate can feel the eerie feelings but he is confused for he doesn't felt anything but he saw the uneasiness from the guardians.

He glances at Tharn, Elijah, and Thanya, they were calm also but he is confused on why the guardians acting in pain.

"Tell me what do you want to know? You are the guardians but you failed to do your task. You failed to guide the chosen, you made him lose the real deal. You let him settle in a simple ability when you knew that he is more than just a chosen. " Nikolai said but they knew that it was Marquise who is talking to them.