Ch.22- Proposal

A/N; prepare yourselves for the biggest twist. Hehehe

********

Thunder echoed above the sky, lightning flashes along with the large and dark clouds that indicate torrential rains will outburst anytime soon.

The wind blows gently along with the beads of raindrops that slowly devour the soil ground, filling up the muddles. The image of a distant forest gets blurry as dark clouds spat out their showers of water.

Nikolai watches some of the pack members as they run to their houses for shelter. The sound of the rain made everyone panic while smiling and that's a weird sight to see.

Elijah was taken by his sister, telling Nikolai that he needs to talk to his brother. He doesn't know what to feel anymore, the tension slowly growing between them.

"Why did you lie to them? " Marquise asked as Nikolai watch the rain silently falls to the ground.

"I don't know, I just did whatever comes to my mind first. " Nikolai answered with no hesitation.

Marquise was there the moment Type asked him to let Marquise take over him but Nikolai chose not to because he suddenly felt that he needs to protect his wolf. Although these people can be trusted, Nikolai felt that he will lose his wolf anytime and that's an absurd sense.

Drops after drops of rain,

"it should be comforting but why it felt so gloomy this time. " Nikolai asked silently as he look at the sky.

"Train hard Nik, we don't know what kind of danger awaits for us at the end of this journey. " his wolf said.

Nikolai didn't answer, his eyes divert on the wet ground, a muddy ground of the midnight pack.

"I hope you didn't get lonely waiting for me. " Elijah's voice was heard behind his back along with sturdy arms that enveloped his small waist.

Nikolai smiled with the sudden gesture, inhaling the scent of his mate that playfully lingers in the air as if teasing him for the moments.

"This rain entertain my thoughts, made me forget you for a while. " Nikolai replied as he hold his mate's hand on his around him.

Elijah laughs at this statement and tightens the hug.

"When did I going to start my training? " Nikolai asks as he listens closely to his mate's heartbeats.

"Tomorrow, I need to introduce you to some warriors and Zeta later after this crying heavens. " Elijah answered as he lookup.

They both became silent, as they listen to the tippy tappy sound of the rains.

"Darling? Will you marry me? " Elijah blurted out that made Nikolai held his breathing for a second.

He faced his mate with wide eyes, face full of surprise and confusion. He doesn't know what's gotten into Elijah's brain to ask him that question suddenly.

"What? " is the only word that comes out of Nikolai's mouth.

His eyes blinking rapidly, his mind can't believe what he just heard from his mate. A sudden question that brings a lot of emotions, a sudden proposal that leads his heart to feel a sudden fear and excitement at the same time.

Elijah rummages his pocket as if he is trying to find something in there, as his mate's hand lifts, a tiny ebony box is presented in front of him.

"It's fine if you say no, I just try my luck this time. I know this is so sudden, I just can't wait. I'm sorry! " Elijah tried to put back the small box inside his pocket but Nikolai grabs his hand.