Chapter 4. Brother

A/N: sorry for the very slow update guys! Enjoy reading!

////////////////

The arrival at the city made Nikolai felt anxious, he wanted to tell the couple, beg them to just let him stay with them but he was afraid that they might get annoyed. The city lights were sparkling everywhere, huge and tall buildings. People in all directions wearing nice clothes with different emotions.

The woman glances at him, observing him. As she felt the nervous and scared feeling of the young Nikolai, she reach out her hand to pull him closer. Nikolai can hear the woman's heartbeat as if telling him that he is safe. The heartbeat that reminds him of someone's heart that pounded for him when their eyes met for the first time.

"Are you afraid boy? " The husband asked as he glance to the mirror and saw his wife holding Nikolai in her arms.

"Yes, I am sir! " Nikolai admit lowering his head to hide his fear.

"I am Alwyn Reed, and that woman holding you is Lizbeth, she's my wife! " Alwyn introduces themselves in a gentle voice, the kid seems too fragile.

"My name is Nikolai, " Nikolai said but he is confused when silence followed.

He look up and saw the woman staring at him as if waiting for his next words.

"Just Nikolai! " the young boy said in a whisper, lower his head again and this time to hide his sadness.

The wife glance at his husband, as they drove deeper to the city area the woman decided to not let go of the young boy's hand.

*******

Nikolai's lips parted as they enter the huge and wide gate, staring at the house with awe,  Lizbeth can't hide her smile watching the young Nikolai. An aged woman comes out from the door and greets the couple with a warm smile. As they instruct everyone to get all the things at the car, Alwyn and Lizbeth guide Nikolai inside the house.

"Hello, mother! "A baritone voice startled the couple and made Nikolai hide behind them.

"Oh my God! Maxi! You almost gave us a heart attack! " Lizbeth exclaimed holding her chest.

"How are you, my son! " Alwyn hug Max while patting his son's shoulder.

As Max move to hug his mother, his eyes caught the young boy who is silently staring at him with innocent eyes. Kissing his mother's cheek, he looks at the boy and leans his head to meet Nikolai's eyes.

"Don't scare him, Max! " Alwyn said.

"I'm not! " Max replied but still staring at Nikolai. "What happened to you? " Max suddenly blurted out, while caressing the boy's face.

Nikolai flinch with the sudden action, he lowered his head and squirm away from his face from Max's touch.

A loud smack was heard and a soft groan of pain escaped Max's lips.

"You're father said don't scare him! " Lizbeth exclaimed and take Nikolai away from his son.

"I didn't! But something him makes everyone drawn to him! Does he feel like a magnet, you know what I mean? " Max explained that made his parents thrown known glance to each other.

"Well, let's start again! I am Max. It seems that my mom and dad took fancy of you. So call me brother okay? " Max introduced himself and reach his hand to Nikolai for a handshake.

Nikolai watches his hand then his face then back again to his hands. Max suppresses his laugh as he observes Nikolai.

"Come on! Lift your right hand and accept my handshake. That's how you show the right manner. " Max nods his head to encourage Nikolai.

As Nikolai lift his right hand, he slowly reaches Max waiting hand and the moment their hand touch Max hold Nikolai's hand, smiling.

"You can take a rest mom dad! I will take care of him from here! " Max said while his hand moved to his parents to go away.

"Max! He needs to rest first. There are some cuts and bruises on his body, and he is malnourished! He needs total care. " Lizbeth said while glaring at his son.

"I'm a doctor mom! That's why I told you to rest, I will ask the cook to prepare dinner earlier! " Max answered with assurance, still holding Nikolai's hand.

The couple took a deep breath and agree.

"Nik, my son here is a doctor, he will take good care of you from now on. I mean we will take good care of you from now on so don't be scared okay? We will have our dinner later, but if you are hungry you can ask him! " Lizbeth said caressing Nikolai's cheek as she glance at Max who is smiling at them.

Nikolai just nods. He needs to behave if he wants to stay longer until he can memorize the place. So that when the time comes that the family decided to throw him away, he is ready for what to do.

The family has a warm smile and gentle eyes. Though he still felt anxious every time, he needs to be strong for the worst to come. He doesn't know what will happen the next day, but he knows that he needs to prepare himself for all possibilities.

Max is a good guy, the man keeps talking to him although he answered short sentences in every question. Gentle and soft, that is the tone of Max's voice.

As they reach the certain room, Max opened it and signal him to step inside.

A small sofa at the right wall near the window, a bed enough for two people. The room is clean and pleasant.

"This is my old room, use this for the meantime, until we finalize everything. I have my old clothes here, but I'm sure they will be too loose on you. By the way! How old are you? " Max turns around to look at him.

"I'm fifteen sirs! " Nikolai answered wandering his eyes around the room.

"Sir? I'm not sir! I'm Max! " Max said while laughing but Nikolai keep his silence.

Max took a deep breath, he knows that a lot of things to hurdle before Nikolai trust them.

"You're too thin for your age Nik, come! I'll show you your toilet. " Max motioned him again to follow.

Max does his best to explain everything. From toilet roll to body wash, every time he mentions some funny stuff he notices that Nikolai will lower his head and smile. Although weirdly, he accepts the boy inside their house without a doubt, he can't deny that he was drawn to the boy's aura and beauty.

The petite Nikolai has brown doe eyes that sparkled at every little thing that mesmerized him, a prominent nose, and plump lips. Although he knew that the body and face structure will change as Nikolai matured, one thing is sure. Nikolai portrays a beauty incomparable to anyone.

******

Night came, dinner is served. The family is in front of the table with Nikolai who is silent since they take his seat.

"Eat anything you want Nik, I will check your bruises and cuts again before you go to bed. You seem fine to me though but we need to make sure there are no infections or other problems. So eat a lot, your body needs nutrients. " Max said while putting some food on Nikolai's plate.

Nikolai stares at the food in front of him, he won't know how which one to eat first. He was startled when Max take his fork and pierce the fried meat pork and gave it to him.

Max nodded at him as if telling him to take it.

Nikolai has a lot to learn before he can embrace his new life. As he experiences new good things with the new family that accepts him, he vows to learn more and improve himself and find his mate again.

As the night gets deeper and the new day is near to come again, Nikolai sleeps in comfort for the first time without worries about his surroundings.

********
A/N;  thank you for the reads