Chapter 1

"You gotta be kidding me!"

Louis flew up from the chair, he just sat in just a moment ago. His mom Johannah and her boyfriend, soon to become his stepdad Robin, were in the middle of dinner when Johannah told his son that Robin had proposed to her. She said that they would get married in a few months, which meant that they would move in with Robin and his son and daughter because they have a bigger house.

It's not that Louis wasn't happy for his mom, he just didn't like the fact they should move or the fact that he should live in a house full of people he'd never met before. It had been almost 15 years since his dad left for a younger woman, he even got her pregnant behind his mom's back. Louis doesn't remember much about his father, he was only 2 when he left. So he was just glad that she finally found someone who can make her happy.

Robin had been a part of his life since last year, his mom and Robin had been dating for eight months. Every time Robin and his kids were over Louis would be out of the house. He said that he wasn't ready to meet these people yet, and now it was almost too late. He knows that Robin's son is 16 and that his name is Harry. He knows that Robin's daughter is turning 20 very soon and that she has a little girl who is only a few months old. Not that he cares, he's turning 17 around Christmas, and he's hoping that he will be moving out of the house faster than he will move in.

"Louis, wait..." Louis can hear his mom call, but he is already out of the house. Pressing his phone to his cheek while running down the streets. Tears running down his cheeks, it's not because he's sad, they are happy tears. He's known for not crying, it's not because he's emotionless... No, it's just because he has learned from a very young age to be strong for both himself and his mother.

"Louis.. You okay? Sounds like you're running a marathon buddy." Zayn, one of his best buddies asks him and chuckles. A small chuckle blend with a sob escaped Louis' mouth. Zayn becomes quiet immediately, "I'll be there in a five," was all Zayn said before he hung up.

Louis and Zayn have been friends since kindergarten, they have done pretty much everything together. And when Zayn's dad left them in middle school they became closer than ever. It was also around that time they both started smoking and started to party every weekend. It was also around that time they met Liam, the shy new kid that nobody wanted to be friends with. Zayn and Louis have never been people who have judged a person without really knowing them, sure there were a bunch of people there who were annoying. But there was something different with Liam that initially they wanted to befriend the guy.

A few blocks away from the park there's this old house, nobody lives there anymore, and nobody wants to do anything with the house. It's kind of sad because it could come to life again if just somebody would do something to it. But yeah sadly nobody wants to do anything to it which is just perfect in their case, cause this is where they smoke.

When Louis arrives at the house he looks both ways before he's crossing the streets, not only to not get hit by a car but also to make sure that nobody sees him, not that he cares but you never know. Zayn hasn't yet arrived so Louis starts to nolle the Dobbie, and mixes it with the tobacco. When Zayn comes through the door he sends Louis a small smile and Louis gives him a thumbs up.

They take turns on the bong, and halfway through the mix, Louis stares at Zayn for a second before he turns his head away from him. His face is all sad, "You know Zayn, he proposed to her.." A small smile spread on both of their lips, Louis still has the sadness written in his eyes. "Wow I did not see that coming so soon, I'm super happy for her man. But why are you sad?" Louis once again turned quiet, Zayn put the bong down so that he could give his friend a bearhug. "Zaynie... I'm moving..." It came out as a bare whisper.  And for the first time in so long Louis let himself cry because of sadness.