Chapter 13

Harry let Louis' words sink in, he let his eyes stay closed, waited for the perfect moment to open them."It is not an exaggeration when I say that we don't agree on a lot of things, but they rush into it, and I know for sure I'm not the only one who thinks that... It's their lives you know, and your dad makes my mom quite happy, her happiness is everything to me. But you know it's not just that, you, Gemma, and Lux all mean a lot to your dad, you're his family, and you will do anything to keep your family safe. My mom loves y'all regardless, you make your dad happy and it makes her happy. We are probably going to spend a lot of time together whether we want to or not, cause I'm not gonna stand in the way of my mom's happiness, and I don't think you want to stand in the way of your father's happiness either. I'm willing to try to get along if you are, but that means you need to tell me when you're hurting! I don't want to repeat what I saw this morning, and I don't want to risk any of the others seeing that, and I don't think you want that either." Louis got up from his bed and walked over to his door, opened it before saying, "Goodnight Harry"

Louis closed Harry's door behind him quietly and walked down to the kitchen. He was surprised to see Gemma standing with an impossible Lux in her arms. No matter what Gemma did to make her daughter stop crying she would just cry harder and twist in her arms, she kicks her legs in every direction she can, Gemma was close to dropping her a few times. Louis stood and watched the scene in front of him, 'Maybe changes aren't that bad after all,' he thought to himself rolling his eyes. The sound of the microwave got Louis out of his trance, and he went unnoticed over to the table and pulled his phone out of his pocket. "Oh hi Louis I didn't see you coming," Gemma sounded extremely tired, almost like she hadn't had a proper sleep in a long time. "Going in like a ninja," he cracked his first smile without forcing it in front of Gemma.

Lux's bottle didn't keep her quiet, she didn't even want it. Every time Gemma would press the bottle to her mouth she would either turn her head or push the bottle away from her, and she would just cry harder. "Not to be mean, but have you considered changing her diaper?" Louis asked scrolling through his social media, he would have called Zayn, cause he needs to talk to him, that was also the reason he went to the kitchen in the first place. He would have made a cup of tea, cause tea is just always good to drink before bed. But with Gemma and Lux, he would just wait until they left, "I have changed her diaper, she just doesn't want to be quiet, I'm losing my mind!" Gemma's tears formed in the corner of her eyes, and you could hear in her voice she was on the edge of crying.

Louis felt something in his stomach, almost like his stomach wanted him to do something about the situation he sat in. It was like his stomach told him he should get up and help Gemma with Lux, and it would probably have been the best, cause he felt his headache coming back. And right now he would do anything to make the little girl stop being so unhappy, and if it weren't for that little voice in his head that told him to just stay out of it, he would have done it. For a long moment, he just sat there alternately looking from Gemma till Lux.

Minute after minute he sat there watching Gemma's tears rolling slowly down her cheeks while she did her best to make her daughter stop crying. He watched Lux screaming louder and louder for every second. His better side got him to his feet, and it was with a lot of hesitation that he took Lux out of Gemma's arms. He rocked her from side to side while singing her a lullaby, her crying and screaming were long gone and she closed her eyes and cuddled closer to ham.

Gemma remained quiet and stood still watching the scene in front of her with an open mouth, "How did you know what to do to make her stop crying?" Gemma whispered as she didn't want to wake her daughter up, now that she finally had fallen asleep. Louis looked up from Lux to Gemma with big widened eyes, 'How could I forget she stood there? I literally took Lux out of her arms!' He mentally gave himself a big fat slap on his cheeks and handed the sleeping girl to Gemma before running out of the house. He didn't dare to slam the door behind him, so it stood wide open. Gemma looked out of the open door, seeing Louis' body becoming smaller and smaller the longer he ran away, she closed the door with a sigh when she couldn't see him anymore.