Chapter 7

It's not that it was awful, but it was hella awkward for Louis. It's the first time he was eating with them without his friends, and all he can think about is what he saw in Harry's room not so long ago. He just sat and pushed his potato salad and meatballs around on his plate, pretended to listen to their conversations, buried in his head and thoughts. He did look up at the mentions of his name, but his brain couldn't make out the sentence being said to him, it was like his head had quiet all voices, and all he could do was see their lips moving.

He sighed and got up, he left the table and his untouched food on his plate, putting his hoodie on while walking outside, his mom was yelling something but it just sounded like mumbling to him so he kept going. As soon as he opened the door he pulled out a cigarette and lit it up, he dialed Mia's number, he just couldn't get himself to press the bottom. "Hey, are you okay?" A voice from behind him asked, he didn't turn his head to see who it was, he didn't even give them an answer. "Louis?" 

He could feel the warmth from the person who sat beside him, but all he did was take another drag from his cigarette and keep his stare forward. "You know, you should really quit smoking," Louis rolled his eyes, not the first time someone had told him to stop. "It's not really any of your business Gemma, but I guess you aren't here to talk about my smoking problem, so what do you want?" He took the last drag from his cigarette and stepped on it, he turned his body so he faced Gemma with a lifted eyebrow. "Um..." Gemma shifted uncomfortably, "I, um... Where have you been today? Everyone has been worried sick," she was about to put an arm around his shoulder but he stood up. "It's none of your business, and you stay out of it!" He pointed a finger at her chest as he said the words through clenched teeth, and walked back inside leaving a shocked Gemma.

Louis was laying on his bed when there was a knocking on his door, he closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep. He heard the door being open, "Oh his asleep, doesn't seem like him," Johannah said walking into his room. She put his blanket over him and kissed him on his forehead, she whispered a quiet goodnight and walked out.

He heard the door being closed and the voices outside of his room became quieter and quieter as they walked away from his room. He was looking up at the ceiling, still finding it hard to be in a new house, but he promised that he would at least give it a try. He wasn't going to sleep just yet, but now they think that he's asleep, he can't leave his room. Not that he wanted to either, it only meant that he had to be quiet if he left his bed which he didn't plan on leaving.

Louis didn't get many hours of sleep that night, he was the first who woke up. Normally he would try to sleep a little longer, but he thought that the earlier he got up, the earlier he could leave. He took a plain black t-shirt and a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and walked out into the bathroom to take a quick shower. On his way down to the kitchen, he grabbed his blue denim jacket and his black vans. He made a cuppa and looked out of the window at the sunrise. He had texted Zayn and Liam and told them that he would meet them in school today so they didn't have to come and get him.

"Morning, you're up early sunshine," his mom kissed him on his cheek and made herself a cuppa. Robin soon enough made his presence in the kitchen, "Morning Louis," he said friendly and kissed Johannah on her lips. Louis mumbled a quiet "Morning," putting his mug down in the sink, and walked out of the kitchen. He still had a pretty long time to kill before school started. He didn't really know what to do and for a minute he just stared at the stairs. Seeing Gemma come walking down the stairs with Lux in her arms pulled a small smile on his lips because Lux pulled on the biggest sunshine smile that showed her small dimples. "She seems to like you lots," Gemma said, kissing her daughter's head, the little girl grabbing hands for Louis to take her.

Louis gave the little girl one of his fingers to play with, "Louis, about last night... I just wanna say sorry, of course, it's none of my business you're free to do whatever you want," Louis gave Gemma a short nod, he was listening to what she said, but he had all his attention on Lux. Harry walked down the stairs and watched the scene happening in front of him with fondness, "Harry!" Gemma burst out when she noticed Harry standing on the stairs.  Harry scratched awkwardly in his neck looking down when he felt the blood rushing to his cheeks, Louis took his hand away from Lux's hand and poked her on her nose which made the little girl let out a beautiful giggle.