3 days unseen

It's a typical afternoon in the Moore household. The Moore girls, Natasha and Natalie are doing homework while their mom, Katherine is preparing dinner.

"Mom, is dad getting home early today? Or are we going to be in bed before he gets here?" Natalie, 7, ask. Her mom felt bad because they haven't seen their father in 3 days.

"I hope so sweetie. I know you miss him. You'll definitely see him tomorrow because you guys are going on your movie night Friday." Katherine says.

"Oh yea. I hope we can see that sponge on movie." Natalie says smiling, but missing her two front teeth.

"No, if we're going to the movies, I'm picking the movie. You chose last time." Natasha,14, says.

"Natasha, let's not start an argument with your sister." Katherine told Natasha.

"Yes mam. I hope I see dad, I want to ask him if he is coming to our dance competition this weekend."

"Finish your homework so you girls can wash up before dinner." Their mom says trying to change the subject.

"I'm done." Natalie tells her mom.

"Ok, now, put your stuff up and play in your room, until I can give you your bath."

"Mom, I can give her a bath."

"Thank you. I promise that you won't have to do it again."

"It's fine mom. Just remember this when I want an extra 5 dollars in my allowance." Natasha says and her mom laughs. The girls put their stuff up and they head upstairs.

Natasha is washing her sisters hair when Natalie starts whining.

"You're getting soap in my eyes." Natalie complains.

"Sorry. Here's a washcloth." Natasha says and hands her a washcloth. After about 5 more minutes, Natasha takes Natalie out of the tub. Natasha dresses her and is putting her hair in a French braid.

"Natasha, do you think dad is going to cancel our movie night?" Natalie ask and it breaks Natasha's heart.

"Why would you think that?" Natasha ask.

"He hasn't been here in three days."

"Don't worry about it, he's just busy. Now, I'm going to take a shower, so don't bother mom, ok?"

"Ok."

***

It's 11 pm and both of the girls are asleep. Katherine is laying down almost asleep when Brad walks in. She sits up.

"Hey." She says.

"Hey. Sorry I was stuck at work."

"You're wearing a different tie than this morning."

"I spilt some coffee on it." He says quickly lying.

"Oh. The girls miss you. They wanted to know if you were still taking them to the movies."

"I don't know. If I can get out of work."

"They haven't seen you in 3 days, we 4 now."

"I've been busy. Can't you understand that?" Brad said raising his voice.

"Yea. I guess I do. I'll let you tell the girls."

"Can you? I have to leave early tomorrow."

"No, I won't. I will let you tell them."

"How?"

"Go wake them up."

Brad walks into the room that the girls share. Natalie could have had her own room, but she is afraid because Brad told her a story about monsters.

"Girls, wake up." Brad says and slightly shakes them.

"Dad?" Natasha ask. Natalie is still asleep so he just lets her sleep.

"Hey, sweetie. I woke you up because I won't be here in the morning because I have to work early. I wanted to tell you that I won't be able to make the movie tomorrow."

"I knew it. Natalie is going to be devastated."

"I know. It's just work."

"Yea, whatever. Goodnight."

What was happening to the family? They were so happy a week ago.

A/N: tell me what you think!! First chapter!! Check out my other story Adopted!!