Chapter 5: 18 Years of Death

Complete darkness was what I woke up to, the last thing I remembered being that shithead Xanxus doing a last act of defiance before he froze. I know everyone needs him so that Tsuna can grow in the future, but damn a part of me wanted him to die.

Oh well, the bad part is I'm pretty sure the place I'm currently stuck in is a casket. I felt around and had only enough space to move my arms and legs a little. At least they got me a big coffin damn it, but check if I'm actually dead first. I opened my status to check on things and noticed something very weird. My race had changed, no longer did it say human but now it said Revenant (Immortal). Turned out I got a new title also, looks like I'm immortal now.

I started to sweat, I had a sneaking suspicion that I had the code applied to me. Meaning I could no longer age, just to be sure I started to feel around my body looking for the scar that all code bearers have. I found it above my pectoral muscles, centered on my sternum.

The only thing I could say in this situation was, "Fuck."

I started off on a mini rant about crazy daddy issue shit heads and shitty luck before my tirade was ended by creepy laughing.

"Who's there," I said.

The laughing grew louder till a smoky substance formed in my face. The smoke coalesced into a amorphous being with purple skin and red eyes.

"Gengar, you're alive!" I shouted.

This led to the creature giving me a wide smile with closed eyes and his signature lick. He was pretty big but I'm pretty sure he's phasing through the roof of the casket at the same time where his body wouldn't fit. Next thing I know is he grabs my arms and yanks me through the casket, past the dirt and dropped me on my ass now on solid ground.

What waited for me though was someone I didn't expect. His pineapple shaped blue hair, his heterochromatic eyes, and what seemed to be an older face.

As we stared at each other, we both ended up saying the same thing, "What the fuck?"

"How are you alive?" He asked. He seemed definitely confused, then he noticed something even more weird, "How the hell have you not aged at all? It's been years, are you a spirit or something?"

"The fuck you talking about, it's been years? How many? Last thing I remember is shit head Xanxus hitting me with a surprise attack," I told him.

"Y/n it's been eighteen years, you were dead all that time," he said with a grave expression.

With that new knowledge I sat down before I lost my balance from shock. I had a theory on what had happened. My new race said revenant, these vampiric creature were made by implanting a BOR parasite into the hearts of the deceased. However each revenant was different when it came to the amount of incubating time it took for them to actually wake up. Normally they were immortal to all wounds except to heart, but did that apply to me? I also had a code, meaning I was normally immortal anyway?

So I did what anyone in my situation would do I pulled my sword from my inventory and stabbed myself with the intent to cut. My buddy Rokudo did not seem amused with my actions, but raised an eye when he saw my wound healing. I then explained to him my theory and how I was only in a deathlike state. He then gave me a run down about what had gone on since I "died", most of it was standard to what I thought was going to happen. There were some minute changes but were mostly negligible. Now my plan was simple, this world had nothing left for me. I had made things progress where they should be safely and eventually things would work out for the rest of their lives. So I asked Rokudo what he wanted to do and he told me that he would just follow me where I wanted to go. Since he decided on this path, I explained him to a general idea of what my abilities could do, since he himself was proof of reincarnation he took it pretty well. He said we could go whenever I was ready to. However I had some things to do, we needed to pick up Ken and Chikusa. Then I needed to pick up the Mare rings before they got locked into the future.