Chapter 8: Nights in Paradise

"How the fuck did you do that?" Dutch shouted.

Everyone was baffled on what they had just seen, which was fair. Not everyday you see giant fireball shoot out of a pistol.

"Simple, the world isn't as simple as you think. I'll explain everything when we get back. Right now just be glad you still have your asses intact," I said.

"What, how can you expect us to wait? Now more importantly, when can I get one of those. C'mon haven't been great to ya Y/n old pal?" Revy said while shaking me.

Benny sighed looking at all his tech, " Well my stuff got fucked, but at least it's fixable."

"Well, we all still safe and my sunglasses aren't broken. Good enough I guess. Amen, hallelujah and peanut butter," said Dutch sarcastically.

Meanwhile Rock was passed out from all the excitement, probably for the best. Rather that then have him question everything. He was pretty new to world of criminals anyway, yep he was gonna need a drink.

So after we made it back on land, we met up with Balalaika to finish the job. We handed the disk to her while she commented on our state of appearance. Then the deal went down, Rock's former employers got the disk and Hotel Moscow got to secure a business deal. Lagoon Company even got paid twenty grand. Rock made his decision to forgo his old name and tell his boss to screw himself before Revy offered him to join the crew. Things were going smoothly all things considered.

"Now then, five is a little tight in your guy's car. Good thing I got my own ride. I'll meet at your office," I said taking out the batmobile's fancy remote from my inventory.

"What the hell, you can do magic now?" Said Benny.

Oh looks I'll have to explain my inventory too, I think saying I basically play a game might break their minds. I'll just tell them I have spatial manipulation. Waving their response away with my hand, I pressed a button with the other hand.

The car hadn't arrived yet, the crew seemed to wait on the next crazy thing I would do. Soon we heard an engine revving, a couple seconds later my black bat mobile came barreling by before stopping in front of me. A nice feature was the autopilot since I didn't have someone to bring my car to me.

The roof pulled back and I jumped into the driver's seat with ease. Before looking back at them to taunt them.

"Anyone wanna join," I said with a wink.

"I call dibs damn it," said Revy excitedly jumping inside before anyone could say anything.

Alright then, and we're off," I said waving.

Then I pressed a button to recall the hood, and then floored it launching the car off the docks taking a couple of sharp turns.

After a couple of minutes later we got to our destination, at a fast food place. Of course we were supposed to go to Lagoon Company office but our vehicle was a lot faster than normal cars in the world. Especially since they were still behind in technology.
So to kill time, we went and got some food at a burger chain.

Revy got a soda and a triple decker burger with fries, I on the other hand got basil chicken with rice. It was Thailand after all, even burger places got rice stuff. I got some other random combos for Dutch and co too while I was here. Then we zoomed off making it back a couple minutes after our friends had made it back.

We went up the stairs to the door and I opened it with my foot since my hands were full. They were sitting down waiting, but once they saw the food in our hands they got up to grab it. We all sat down unwrapped our food and started to eat.