Snitch

Andrea's POV:

I was at work for hours after she left. But, I must admit, she surprised me with her work. Not only did she complete all of the reports in the amount of time it took my last three assistants I hired to do half, but she entered them in the system correctly. Usually, I had to explain it to any new employees.

I was expecting to leave work early, but I had much more paperwork to complete than I thought. By the time I made it back to my car, it was nine o'clock. I was exhausted after the half hour drive back home.

Greeting Oliver, my security guard, I removed my dress shoes and coat at the door. I made a quick dinner, eating it fastly before making my way upstairs to my bedroom. Taking off my tie as I readied for a shower, my phone began ringing.

Immediately, I felt dread fill me as I picked up the phone, "Hello."

"Boss, we have something at headquarters we think you might want to see," a low voice sounded on the other end of the phone.

"I'll be right down."

Hanging up the phone, I undid the buttons on my sleeves and the top button at my collar. If I'm going to headquarters, I might as well be comfortable. Then, getting back in the black Cadillac, I made the drive to the base.

Walking through the dark halls of headquarters, I rounded the corner to see my men waiting for me.

"What is it now?" I asked. I was already annoyed at being called in. I would much rather be home, but this was important. I guess that's the life of a mafia king. The work never ends.

"Oo, someone didn't get their time with their booty call," Damien teased, causing the men at his side to chuckle. Damien was one of my best men. Besides him, I had two other people I could trust with my life.

I met him with my annoyed stare, telling him I wasn't in the mood for this tonight.

"We thought you might want to see who the snitch was," said Damien.

I turned, looking through the one-sided glass to find one of our newest recruits strapped to the chair. From his busted lips and already bruised face, it was apparent that my men were pushing to discover who he really answered to. "Keep pressing him. He'll crack soon enough."

"Andrea! I didn't expect to see you here!"

A smirk tugged at my lips, "As I always say-"

"The work of a mafia boss is never done,' yeah, yeah, we get it," my best friend's voice sounded at my side. But, I kept my focus on the prisoner we had just on the other side of the wall—the snitch. "I met your assistant today."

I turned, "Armin, don't even think about it."

"What?" He raised his hands in innocence. "I haven't done anything. All we did was have a conversation. She has a funny view of you, that's for sure."

I fought off my smirk. I could tell very easily by our encounter today that Liliana Kennedy didn't hold me in a nice regard. It was amusing that she wasn't scared of me. Perhaps, that was because she had no idea who I really was. The devil that lurked just below the surface.

"What are we talking about?" Damien asked, stopping at my other side as I watched my other men question the snitch.

"Andrea's new assistant at the front," Armin grinned, moving his head behind me to look at Damien. The front was what we called Vitale Corp. since it was just a front for all of the other business we do.

"Ooo, is she hot?" Damien asked with a meddlesome grin.

I looked between the two of my closest friends, "Would the two of you shut up?"

"Ah, so she is hot," Damien laughed. "How attractive are we talking, Armin?"

"We're talking long light brown hair, tanned skin, decent height, long legs, fit body, and eyes that can snatch your attention from anywhere," Armin finished.

I could feel my annoyance spread with each thing Armin listed off. It bothered me the way they talked about her. I'd like it if they wouldn't run her off.

"I thought I told you two to shut up," I snapped.

I saw Armin grin as he and Damien focused back on the prisoner, "Look's like someone already has a claim on her."

"No, I don't," I glared at him. "I would just like it if you two wouldn't run this one-off."

"We understand," Armin grinned again. "We'll let you do that this time."

I left their meticulous chuckling, finally feeling my annoyance snap. I burst through the soundproof door, making all of my men stop what they were doing. I leaned forward, bracing my hands on the weeping recruit's arms in front of me.

"You want to tell me who you work for? Or am I going to have to force it from you? And trust me, I can be much more persuasive than my men," I warned.

The brunette man, who looked to be around my age, shook his head. His eyes were filled with fear, "I work for you."

My fist flew to his cheek, causing his head to jerk sideways. I turned my head to one of the men at my side, Tony, "Hand me your knife."

Catching the blade by its handle, I pressed it against the man's throat, drawing a bead of blood, "The truth would be preferred. You have five seconds, or I'm running this blade across your throat."

"Five."

"No, please!" He pleaded.

"Four," I counted down, looking down at my hand to appear unamused.

"I'll do anything!"

"Three."

"The D'Angelo's!" He screamed.

My head shot up, looking the man in the eyes. Over the years, I've learned to tell if someone is lying. Their eyes, breathing, heart rate, or body movement were always dead giveaways if someone was lying. My eyes studied his. He was telling the truth.

I should have known. The D'Angelo's are one of our biggest rivals. They've been laying low for almost a year, around the same time I took over the Vitale mafia. Nice to know they're making a comeback. I knew that the success of Vitale Corp. would make them curious about my plans. It's good to know they feel threatened.

I let out a scoff as my knife dropped. Then, handing it back to Tony, I began making my way back to the door. "Finish him off. He doesn't make it out of this room alive."

I could hear his pleading screams as I made my way back to the hall in which Damien and Armin stood. If there's one thing I didn't grant, it was mercy.

"Everything okay?" Armin asked, turning his body to watch me wipe my hands with a rag.

"It seems," I chuckled, making them follow behind me. "Our rivals are back from their little vacation. And they've been busy."