Secret

Andrea's POV:

I watched my men tie my assistant to a chair. I didn't want to do this, but I had to press what she knew. She could be just a curious assistant that stumbled across the wrong secret, or she could be a spy from one of my rivals that slipped right under my nose. Regardless, I wanted to know which. So I was going to find out.

"Damien," I called from the hallway.

"Yes, boss?" He asked, walking down the dimly lit hallway. We brought Ms. Kennedy back to headquarters after obtaining her. I didn't want to risk anyone else finding us.

"Have Antoine dig up anything he can on Liliana Kennedy. And make it fast. I want to know who we're dealing with," I glanced back at the unconscious woman I had been spending my evening with. Could she, the same woman who has done nothing but surprise me, have fooled me?

"Yes, boss," Damien nodded, starting down the hallway again.

"You wanted to see me?" A shorter woman with dark brown hair stopped just in front of me. Her eyes were light brown, and her skin was a shade or so paler than mine.

"I need you to press someone for answers," I nodded, looking through the one-sided glass. Ms. Kennedy was slowly waking up.

A grin kicked up on her face, "Consider it done."

"Genevieve," I stopped her, holding her eyes with mine for a short second. "Send the other men out and tell them to finish the job with the man from earlier. He doesn't make it out of headquarters."

"You got it," she grinned, eagerly making her way into the room.

I told my other men to go home after they finished with the other. I don't know why, but I wanted to keep whatever business this was with my assistant quiet. I trusted the men that helped me bring her here, they were high in my ranks, but I wanted this kept even more minuscule.

After standing in the hall for some time, I decided to go in with Genevieve, or Ginny as we liked to call her. Damien was still with Antione, our best tech guy, and Armin wasn't here. I needed answers. And there was no better place than from the source itself.

"What's your name," Genevieve purred, tracing a cold knife slowly on Ms. Kennedy's skin. Ginny liked the dramatic effect of threatening with a knife, but she preferred hand-to-hand combat.

"Liliana Kennedy," she groaned. I had no doubt her head was hurting from her fall. Ginny wasn't helping the situation. I would get her some help if all went well.

"And who do you work for?" Genevieve continued.

Ms. Kennedy's focus zeroed in on Sienna's knife. After that, she was much more alert with her answers, "Andrea Vitale. I'm his assistant at Vitale Corporation."

She jumped when Ginny's knife barely knicked her skin, "And is that the truth?"

Ms. Kennedy sighed, "Yes, it is."

"Are you lying?" Ginny purred.

Damien quietly made his way through the door, walking quickly to my side. But his gaze never slipped from Ms. Kennedy. "Boss, Antione dug up as much as he could about Liliana Kennedy. He knows as well as anyone when records are forged. It took him a bit, but he was able to break through the firewall. There is no Liliana Kennedy. The records were made last year. Whoever forged the records did a damn good job, though."

"Well, well," I spoke, emerging from the dark corner towards the mystery woman. If there was one thing I hated, it was being tricked with lies. "Ms. Kennedy, I should warn you that I do not like liars."