Beach Party

We left for Mexico this morning. A suitcase was packed and at my door when I woke up. Andrea barely spoke a word the entire way here. I guess he's still on edge since the break-in. I would be if I were him. Hell, I'm worried about it.

And that is why I'm ready for these few days in Mexico. I get out of the car with a small grin pulling at my lips. The warmth of the air and the smell of the ocean welcomes me like a warm hug. It's been ages since I went on a vacation. Even family vacations were never that fun, not the ones I was old enough to remember my father's behavior anyway.

I walk around the car, reaching for my luggage when Damien's voice fills my ears, "I'll get it."

"Oh, you don't have to do that. I am perfectly capable of bringing my bags to the room," I protest, watching Damien grab both mine and his bags.

"Capable or not, I've got it."

I offer a kind smile, "Well, thank you."

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Andrea watching my interaction with Damien with a smoldering stare. In the reflection of the glass doors of our resort, I see Armin say something to him before clapping him on the back. Andrea shoots him a death glare before marching forward past me.

After an awkward elevator ride, Andrea leads us to the top floor that houses one singular door. He fiddles with the key card a few times, cursing under his breath when it messes up.

"What, are we all sharing a room?" I ask, half-jokingly. I'd stayed in suites before but I half expected us to have our own separate rooms.

"Something like that," Armin grins when Andrea finally manages to get the door open.

My eyes enlarge at the sheer size of the living room. White tile lines the floor, covered by a large multi-colored rug and an expansive white couch. Gold and white end tables sit at each end of the cushions, facing the massive flat-screen TV. A marbled kitchen sits opposite the couch and TV with white countertops and stainless steel appliances. Two doors bud off the wall of the TV, and three others go down a hallway to the right of the kitchen.

"Armin, Damien, you two can decide which of those two rooms you want," Andrea said, pointing to the two doors off the living room. "Liliana, you can have the second room on the right. I'll be taking the one on the left."

"What about the other room?"

"That'll be mine," a familiar voice fills the suite. I turn to find Sienna strolling in the living room wearing a sheer bathing suit cover-up and a skimpy black one-piece with a drink in her hand.

"Sienna," I smile, running over to her. I had no idea she would be on this trip.

"You weren't supposed to get here until later this evening," Andrea says with a narrowed stare.

"Caught an early flight, brother," Sienna smirks as if teasing Andrea brings her joy.

"You could have told me. You're lucky I didn't shoot you. The room was supposed to be empty," Andrea warned, taking his bag towards his room.

"Sorry, brother, I forgot your neuroticism can't handle not knowing every detail at all times," Sienna teased with a smirk on her lips. "Now, who's ready to hit the beach?"

"We just got here," Armin says, smiling playfully.

"Yes, but I've been here for hours," Sienna sighs, "I'm bored."