Deal

Andrea's POV:

I sit at the bar with my back against the wood, facing the water as I watch my sister and Liliana dance in the sand with the other vacationers.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a stir in my groin when I first saw Liliana in that swimsuit. The red devil showed every curve on her body. There's no denying that's she's an attractive woman. She may be the daughter of my enemy but I'm not blind. However that observation is all it will ever be; an observation. I could never look my men in the eye as their leader if I fraternized with the enemy.

A man that looks like he just walked out of his fraternity chapter approaches Liliana, whispering something in her ear with a sly grin that made her laugh.

I force myself to sip on the scotch in my hands to keep my jaw from clenching. "Trouble in paradise?"

Damien is smirking at my side. I send him daggers, he's already annoyed me enough this morning. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh nothing, you just look a bit annoyed."

"My house was just broken into and Armin and I were both stabbed, of course I'm annoyed," I huff.

"Uh-huh," Damien smirks again, swirling the drink in his cup before downing its contents in one sip. "And I suppose that a certain long-legged blonde has nothing to do with this mood at all?"

My gaze flicks between Liliana and Damien, "Why the hell are you here and not working?"

"Because I need your help with something. We got the guys, but they refuse to speak to us. They request your presence specifically."

"I'm not leaving them on a random beach by themselves," I say, pointing to my sister and Liliana.

"They will be fine. Oliver and several other guards are patrolling the beach," Damien says, fixing me with a pointed stare. "Besides, you'll be gone an hour or two max."

Downing the rest of my glass, I stand from my stool. I start to make my way back to the resort building with Damien at my side.

"Can I get a round of tequila shots?"

I stop, turning to see none other than the fraternity brother himself. Liliana and my sister watch him from their place in the sand. My jaw clenches.

"They're fine. Let's go," Damien urges, pushing my shoulder forward.

-

I trace my fingers over the outline of the gun holstered at my hip, staring at the fireplace in front of me. Armin and Damien sit at my sides in the remaining leather chairs. We wait silently for the the cartel leader to meet with us. Every minute I spend in this room, the more annoyed I grow. My sister and Liliana are on a random beach drinking like fish and only left with few guards to protect them.

"Andrea Vitale."

I stand, meeting the eyes of Antonio Perez, the newest leader of the Perez family. He's followed by three men, each heavily armed I'm sure. "Perez."

"Sit please," he says in his thick accent, motioning towards the leather chairs as he takes his own. "Now, I have other business to attend to so let's get this over with. I've heard you need help getting back at the Renaldo's."

"I don't need help," I mutter, feeling annoyed that he thinks the Vitale's weak.

"I know you don't need it, the Vitale's are strong on their own. That's why I reached out," Perez smirks, propping his feet up on the wooden desk in front of him. "We will help you get back at the Renaldo's if you help us with something."