one.

chapter one/...

the general's pet/

the general's pet/...

It had been a few years and it was true, Fayra hadn't seen Mal or Alina in forever. They had written letters to each other a bunch so it wasn't like they just hadn't communicated. Although, for the past few months, neither Alina or Mal had been writing back to her. Fayra had found out that she was a Shadow Summoner. There was only one other person that was a shadow summoner. General Kirigan.

They had both done research and the two weren't related in any way. General Kirigan had taken Fayra under his wing and had become very protective of her. Fayra did her training with Kirigan, most of her free time had to be spent with Kirigan, he got her a matching Kefta and they even did normal combat training together.

Fayra's normal training was General Kirigan teaching her how to use her abilities. Fayra wasn't quite as good as Kirigan, but he had been doing it a lot longer than she had. Fayra was still pretty good though. All of Fayra's free time was with Kirigan because he would catch her at the perfect times. Fayra had one other friend, Genya, she was the tailor. Kirigan and Fayra would play chess and sometimes just sit in silence as Fayra drew. General Kirigan was in black from head to toe. His facial hair and hair was also black so it was a whole look. Fayra's hair wasn't black, but it was pretty dark, so the Kefta still worked. Fayra was really good at combat training. Sword fighting, fighting in general etc. That sort of thing. She even taught Kirigan how to fight well with daggers.

General Kirigan and Fayra got along at times, but most of the time, they couldn't stand each other. Kirigan was either being really proper and all Fayra wanted to do was make fun of him, or Fayra would be being an absolute idiot and Kirigan would have to make sure she didn't die somehow. They'd get along when they were playing chess or having conversations. The weird thing about their conversations was that they were always serious. They got on each other's nerves, but they both trusted each other. Neither of them would admit it because they're both too proud, but they did.

There was one time where they got along the greatest. And that was when they slept together. Yeah...Fayra continues to make fun of Kirigan since he was the one who engaged it. Fayra would walk by him and growl or she'd send him winks all the time. Sometimes when it was late, she'd come into Kirigan's room and she'd start teasing him. Kirigan would get into it, but then Fayra would back out right before and laugh at him.

At the moment, it was night time and Kirigan was looking over a map he had on a huge table. Fayra was sitting on a ledge by a big window in the room, drawing. She had finished her training. "Aleks." Kirigan's first name was Aleksander so Fayra and Fayra only would call him by his name and he only would call her Fay.

Fayra showed Aleksander what she was drawing and it was him. It was actually pretty spot on. Fayra had gotten a lot better over the years. He sent her an approving nod. Fayra went to flip the page, but she realized that she was out of space in her notebook. The whole thing was filled with her drawings. Fayra hopped down from the window. "I think I'll be headed to bed."