10

Bloody Halloween

Bloody Halloween.

The night Baji died.

The night Toman fought with Valhalla. No one would explain to me what was going on. Everyone kept me and Emma out of loop.

All I remember is seeing Takemichi's face. He looked so concerned about something. Did he know? Did he know Kazutora would do this?

Chifuyu told me Baji wanted to get rid of that Kisaki guy who Mikey just brought in. But that was all I could get out of him.

"Baji.." My hoarse voice felt like pins scratching at my neck.

It's been four days since that night. I haven't stopped crying. Baji was family. Losing him hurt- hurts.

I stayed sat down on the floor of my bedroom. Kenny's been staying with me since that night too. I can't bring myself to look into his eyes. They were best friends, they all were. I couldn't imagine how badly they all hurt.

Mitsuya..

I haven't seen him in four days. I want to comfort him but how can I when I'm just as much as a mess?

KNOCK KNOCK

"Y/n. You need to eat something." Kenny sounded so far away.

"I'm not hungry." I tried to hide my sniffle.

"Bullshit. Come eat." Kenny walked away.

I wiped my eyes dry and pushed myself up. Dusting off my clothes was only a procrastination. I stared at my door handle for a few seconds than turned it. The smell of curry attacked my nose.

GROWL

"Not hungry my ass" Kenny scoffed gently as I took my seat.

"You cooked?" I said without looking at him.

"Nope." He popped his p.

Confused I finally looked up at him. He smiled lightly when we met eyes. He nodded with his chin behind me. Slowly I turned around to see Mikey, Emma, Chifuyu, and Takemichi.

"I made it!" Emma waved her hand.

"Don't try to close yourself away from family Y/n. We're all dealing with this, together." Kenny patted my head gently.

Tears welted up in my eyes. He was right. I was dumb to try and cry alone. Baji was all of our family too. He wouldn't want us to grieve him separately.