U.A Entrance Test

Aria's POV:

I awoke to the feeling of being shaken, "Aria, wake up sis, you'll be late for your entrance exam", I heard Umi's soft voice and groaned groggily. 

"I'm up, is breakfast ready?" I ask while blowing a stray strand of hair out of my eyes. 
"I'll be done with it in five minutes, are you excited for the exam?" Umi replies with a smirk.

"I'm surprisingly calm, it'll go well, at least I hope so. I've done my best after all." I reply smiling at him. 

Umi hums in response and walks out of my room. 

So, today was the big day huh? I could feel my nerves tense slightly. I need to calm down or I'll lose everything I've worked for. 

I make a closed fist and throw my arm up in the air, "I've got this!". 

I wash my face to cool down and make my way downstairs towards the kitchen. Before entering, a sweet scent wafts towards me. I wonder what Umi was making. "Hello Aria", a deep voice greeted me from behind. "Dad? You're at home today?", I asked in shock before turning around to give him a hug. Father did not spend much time at home, it was a rare occurrence after mom passed away. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a green shirt, definitely not work clothes. His hair was pretty messy and it looked like he had just woken up. 

"I hope you know I wouldn't let you go off to the exam without wishing you the best of luck.", he murmered and ruffled my hair. Delight was not enough to encompass how happy I felt. I skipped into the kitchen with him and we observed Umi place a stack of pancakes onto a large plate and drizzle some syrup on top of them. Father went up to Umi and placed a hand on his shoulder, they both looked at me and exclaimed, "Come on Aria, let's eat". I was struck by how lucky I was to have such a kind family, a home filled with warmth. I smiled widely at them and excitedly got into my chair. Today was most definitely going to be a good day. 

I sliced some cold strawberries to enjoy alongside my pancakes and grinned as the sweetness hit my taste buds. Gosh, I love sweet food. "Umi- mph", I finished swallowing my food, "Thank you so much for this!".

Umi smiled at me, "Thank me by getting into UA with flying colours Aria". 

"You can bet your life I will twerp", I quipped back. 

"Aria, I know I don't express it often, but you are an incredible daughter and I love you so much. I know you are going to excel at the test today, so go and do your best kid.", Father declared.

I gave him a hug in return and nodded, "I won't let you down dad."

Umi and I spent the rest of breakfast shooting insults at one another, each more stupid than the last, with Dad shaking his head and laughing. After putting away my dishes, I walked upstairs to my room. Freshening myself up, I pulled out some black tights and a lavender shirt with long sleeves. Changing into these clothes, I grabbed my multi-coloured sneakers and stretched my body. I noticed a map on my bulletin board and I folded it and took it with me. 

I had around an hour to go to the testing center now, but there shouldn't be any issue with me going early. I put my phone in my messenger bag and placed a small wad of money in there as well. "I'll be going out now! See you guys later!", I called out to Umi and Father. 

Taking a deep breath of fresh air I walked towards the exam center, following the little map I had taken off the board earlier. The air around me was crisp, not hot and humid like yesterday. Today really was a good day. I noticed a girl with blonde hair tied into space buns smiling to herself, my staring caught her eye and she waved at me, I smiled and waved back. She was really cute, it was almost as though there were little gold stars in her eyes. I continued my walk and saw a fluffy, smoky cat. It was trying to climb up a tree and managed to do so successfully, I wonder if I could manifest claws on to myself to climb up certain surfaces as well. I had to try that later.