Quirk Apprehension Test

Aria's POV:

"Softball throwing, standing long jump, the 50 meter dash, endurance running, grip strength, side to side stepping, upper body training, seated toe touch. You did all these in middle school, yes?" Aizawa sensei states, "Your standard no quirks allowed gym tests."

He paces around, eyeing every one of us, "This country still insists on prohibiting quirks when calculating the averages of those records. It's not rational. The department of education is just procrastinating."

Aizawa sensei let's out a tired sigh before looking at a boy with entrancing crimson eyes, "Bakugou, how far could you throw in middle school?"

The boy, whose name appeared to be Bakugou clicked his tongue before responding, "Sixty seven meters."

If Aizawa sensei was impressed, he did not show it, "Great, now try it with your quirk. Do whatever you need to, just don't leave the circle. Give it your best."

Bakugou smirks in an almost.. murderous manner and stretches his arms, readying to throw the ball.

He positions himself, "Awesome, I'll add a bit of boom to this pitch", he swings his arm before throwing and shouting out, "DIE!"

I stare, feeling my eye twitch. Was this guy seriously trying to be a hero? He had the confidence, and the raw power.. but he could work on his personality. The entire class seemed more interested in his quirk. Bakugou's quirk seemed to allow him to create explosions, and in this case he used an explosion to power his throw.

I bit my lip, this was definitely making me feel pumped up, the explosions from Bakugou's quirk were like a gunshot, one which indicated that a race had begun, and I was determined to excel. 

A machine in Aizawa sensei's hands began to beep and he showed the screen to us, some pixels shaping up the numbers 705.2 appeared. 

I began to observe Bakugou, he seemed pleased by his score, his quirk was clearly powerful and he seemed intelligent enough to use it well. Oh boy, this could be problematic. I let my eyes linger too long and it was then that Bakugou noticed me staring and briskly walked towards me.

"Why are you staring at me you extra?", he whispered angrily towards me, "Are you looking for a fight?"

I raised my eyebrows, "Did you seriously just call me an extra? Can you not come up with anything better? I'm not looking to pick a fight, but if you're so insistent, then I'd love to wipe that smirk off your face." 

I sighed, watching Bakugou seethe in anger, "Listen, I was observing your quirk, that's all, I'm sorry if it put you off." 

I turned away from the angry blond, who just clicked his tongue in response. Aizawa sensei was talking and I'd missed a decent amount of what he had said while I was interacting with Bakugou. I tried to make out what was going on and it was rather obvious once the class exclaimed, "The lowest scorer will be expelled...? It's only the first day! I mean, even if it weren't... That's totally unfair!"

Aizawa sensei seemed unfazed, "Natural disasters.. Highway Pileups.. Rampaging villains... Calamity is always right around the corner. I'd say Japan is full of unfair things.", He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs, "Heroes are the ones who correct all that unfairness."

I didn't entirely agree with Aizawa sensei there. Many heroes do not counter the deeply rooted unfairness in the system. I continued thinking about the state of affairs of the hero world, villains didn't always do things simply for the hell of it. It was upsetting to see them suffer when they had reasons for what they did. I was snapped out of my thoughts as Aizawa sensei raised his voice, "Now it's for real." He may not have appeared the most friendly, but he could definitely pump everyone up.