marco bodt.

———

———

"HEY, y/n." a freckled face boy exclaimed as he walked to the girl who was perched on the roof.

she was examining her dull blade; titan blood splattered everywhere on her that was starting to fade away and cause smoke. her hair was a little disheveled, but still managed to look neat.

"yes?" she asked, immediately putting her undivided attention on the boy. he blushed slightly, gently smiling at the girl as he slowly walked up to her.

"are almost out of gas?" he asked softly. she blinked repeatedly, not really knowing. "uh- it's okay! i'll look for you." he hums.

he checks for the girl, noticing she was almost out before nodding to himself and standing up.

"oh! i'm marco bodt, by the way. i don't think we've formally met." he hums softly, sticking his hand out for a handshake.

the girl looked at it suspiciously before slowly sticking her hand out as well. he did a firm shake with her before releasing her hand.

"follow me, you're almost out." he stated, walking off with her following behind closely.

when they got to the castle to refill; she noticed jean. he was refilling up as well and grabbing a few for his team.

unfortunately, no one got the colossal, nor could she stop all the titans from coming in through the hole that was provided.

"thank, you." she said to jean. his face scrunched up; eyebrows furrowing together when he looked at her.

"oh! for getting you out of the way?" he asked, refilling her gas for her while she nodded. "it was no problem, you've got to be less reckless though." he sighed softly.

"i'll try." she nodded, before taking back off.

"she's so damn talented but so reckless." jean huffed to himself, watching the girl slash titans left to right.

"she's in your squad, right?" marco asked, standing beside his friend to look at the chaos of the inner wall.

"yeah, but i'm a terrible leader."

levi, however, heard about the news of the inner wall. he cursed to himself while they rode back, wondering if it actually was safer to leave y/n with them.

"titan spotted by the wall!" someone called out. "three, actually!"

levi sighed, looking back at hanji and erwin who nodded at him. and just like that, he was off on his way towards the wall.

quickly, he jumped off his horse; rotating mid air and slashing the nape of one of the titans.

when he landed on its head, he noticed the other titan was taken down by none other than his student.

her eyes light up at the sight of levi being in front of her. as did levi's. he couldn't believe she could take down titans like.. that? he'd only taught her the basics that is; cut the nape, dont run out of gas.

he quickly snapped out of it, looking back at the three kids behind him. a girl and a boy helping another boy out of a titans nape.

what. the. fuck?

"you brats mind telling me what the hell im looking at?" he scoffed. "and you, go help the other scouts clean up." he exclaimed, y/n immediately saluting and doing as told.

she walked around until she got to a lady with glasses who seemed to be from the garrison regiment.

she handed her a cloth to wrap around her face before waking away. y/n, however, didn't truly understand what she had to do with the cloth- especially with no further instructions.

"let me help you." jean said, watching the girl look at the cloth with her head tilted. he took it from her hand that idly held it before wrapping it around the back of her head and handing her some gloves.

"thank you." she muffled, her voice barely audible under the mask as he simply nodded and gestured her to walk with him.

they walked around, cleaning up small parts of debris from the chaotic battle. they'd lost a few comrades, which was saddening, but what put jean on edge was how he hadn't seen marco in a while.

"have you seen.. ma-rco?" y/n asked, trying to recall his name. jean hummed, looking at her like she was a mind reader.

"actually, no. i was just thinking about that." he states suspiciously.

"oh. i never told him thank you." she stated, blinking innocently at the taller boy.

he smiled before laughing at her. she was so cute.

"i'm sure you'll get to tell him soon." he chuckled, ruffling her hair lightly before walking around some more.

jean abruptly stopped, looking down at a body who was half eaten; eyes still open. y/n blinked, looking down at the same thing.

"marco.." jean stated, shaking slightly before rico, the lady who gave out supplies, walked up to the two.

"do you know this solider?" she asked, nonchalantly- as if she's seen this a thousand times.

"yes ma'am." y/n responded, not tearing her gaze away. she's seen many deaths, even caused many of them yet- this still.. hurt?

"what's his name?" rico sighed, getting ready to write it down on her clipboard.

"marco bodt." y/n responded, her voice not faltering.