reiner braun.

———

———

EVERYONE stood atop of the wall, looking around at all the dead titans. y/n looked around confused, before walking up to reiner. the two had become pretty close during these few hours of sitting in a castle together.

"come on, let's go." eren huffed, starting to walk away before the wind blew around everyone. a flag broke, falling towards the ground which caused everyone to become quiet. still.

y/n stopped moving, standing almost 2 feet away from the three boys who stood. she had a feeling in her chest, which made her unconsciously grow closer; her hand resting on her sword.

"it's been three long years. we were just kids... we didn't know anything." reiner started. bertholdt looked over at his friend carefully, as if he knew there was something he shouldn't be saying.

"if only i never knew there was people like this. then, i would've never become such a half-assed piece of shit!" he yelled. y/n flinched, gripping onto her sword handle harder before stopping.

should she make the move? should she just kill him? she's right here. she can do it.

"it's too late now. i don't know what's right anymore." he sighed, taking off the arm sling. he held his arm out; the arm healing itself on its own.

"but the only choice i have now is to face the consequences of my actions as a warrior." he stated. "fulfill my duty to the very end."

eren's eyes widened in shock. betrayal. y/n's breath hitched, while she shook slightly in place.

"reiner! are we doing this now?! right here?!" bertholdt yelled, his eyes also wide in shock.

what the hell are they talking about? y/n wondered. they can't be titans, right? people she trusted. people that made her journey on the surface... amazing.

she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, taking her sword out before jetting towards reiner and bertholdt.

"yeah. we settle this right here, right now!" reiner stated, walking up to eren. y/n's footsteps grew closer; rage riling her up while she jumped and did a spin mid air.

she swung her sword at reiner who caught it with ease; wincing at the sharp metal going through his hand and slicing it. she backed down, mikasa doing the same move and slicing his arm- leaving her sword at the space between his shoulder and collarbone.

y/n looked at bertholdt who seemed scared, sorry, guilty almost. her eyes softened while she hesitantly ran towards him; slicing his stomach area.

"sorry," she mumbled while he screamed in pain. mikasa went after the male as well, slicing his throat. he held onto it, trying to stop the bleeding to the best of his ability before mikasa put her foot onto his chest & pointing her sword at him; ready to kill.

reiner pushed her away by bumping their shoulders; y/n hesitating to take the kill that was open for her.

"bertholdt!" reiner yelled, flashes of lightening happened around reiner. y/n's eyes widened, her hearing going blurry while everyone yelled telling her & eren to get out the way.

dark. everything went

dark.

levi sat beside the girl while she laid in a bed. she was unconscious still from the reveal incident. everyone had moved to a cabin a little ways from the wall.

however, they lost three of the original 104 scouts. ymir, reiner, bertholdt. three of her friends. three of the people she'd put her trust into.

y/n took a deep breath, sitting up abruptly in the bed. she looked side to side, her breath sporadic.

"calm down." levi muttered softly, before her (eye color) eyes fluttered to her captain.

"reiner." she stated. "where's reiner? and- and bertholdt!"

"y/n," he sighed, sitting up in his seat before clearing his throat. "go to sleep, we'll talk about it tomorrow."

"no." she stated quickly, shaking her head. "the wall, and reiner was talking weird and-"

"please, y/n." levi sighed. "do you trust us?"

she stayed quiet for a little. why'd she have to think about this? she played with the blanket under her fingers while she adverted her eyes. her face scrunched up in thought, before she answered.

"i'm not sure." she mumbled. "but i trust you, levi."

levi felt a sense of relief in her words. glad that she still trusted him throughout everything they'd been through. his eyes flickered from the girl's regretful face to the bandaged arm.

"that's all i needed to know, y/n. go to sleep, we'll talk in the morning. i promise." he sighed, getting up from the seat.

"and, y/n, please. none of this is your fault, nor could you have fixed it."