the underground city.

———

———

Y/N sighed quietly to herself while she stood on top of the building with her beloved captain and nifa.

they had gotten hint someone was after historia, seeing she was supposed to be the rightful queen soon enough.

the group had planned to corner the offenders by setting up jean & armin as body doubles of eren & historia while they were in safety.

"the group is very unorganized." nifa mumbled while she ducked behind the wall.

"right.." levi mumbled to himself. "nifa have you ever heard of kenny the ripper?" he asked, looking to the side slightly to look at the yellow eyed girl.

"huh? the one who slit over 1,000 military police throats? i thought he was a myth!" she stated, looking dumbfounded at her captain.

"he's no myth." levi sighed, "i grew up with him in the underground city."

"this is no time for jokes, captain!" she laughed nervously. y/n heard a small click, her instinct to be shoving levi slightly and moving out of the way.

unfortunately, the person wasn't aiming for levi. instead, shooting nifa right in the head.

y/n's eyes widened in shock while she grabbed her swords; levi taking a second to comprehend what was going on.

"levi," the man hummed, a sinister smile overcoming his face at the small girl who rushed towards him.

"kenny!" levi yelled, grabbing one of his swords and throwing it at the older male before grabbing y/n's hand and pulling her towards him. "go."

"but-" she blinked, before levi pushed her on the other side of the roof- an impulsive decision that he knew she'd come back from.

which she did. using her odm gear to grip onto another wall & another before making her way through the town.

many of, what she could assume were, kenny's men followed behind her closely. they shot while she dodged in every way possible before one hit her arm; taking it off in one bullet.

levi grabbed the girl before making their way down an empty alleyway while trying to lose kenny's gang.

they flew into a bar, landing on top of the island while everyone looked in shock at the two survey corps members who just randomly showed up.

"now she's like you, eyebrows!" hanji joked, looking at the tall blonde who stood in front of the small girls bed.

"not funny, hanji." erwin sighed, closing his eyes before looking at the small captain. levi's eyes hadn't left y/n's arm since they'd made it into the room.

she'd been sleep for a while, tired from the days missions. taking down kenny and his goons, then taking down rod reiss, and finally seeing historia off as queen.

hanji and erwin noticed how quiet the black haired male had been. not wanting to intrude or interrupt, they quietly let themselves out to leave levi and his thoughts.

his gray eyes flickered from the small girls face to her now gone arm and finally to the necklace around her neck.

even though that day was almost a year ago, he still wondered why'd she pick his initials to wear so boldly.

"levi?" she groaned, her eyes fluttering awake while she shuffled around in the bed.

"sorry." he mumbled, when she looked down at the missing arm before she blinked repeatedly at the male.

"so-srry?"

"i know, you don't understand." he sighed, getting up and walking towards the door. "i'll get you some tea."