𝙰 𝙶𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝙾𝚏 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛

(F/n) was standing at the sink, washing up the used cutlery, bowls, and glasses as Kurapika wipes down the table. There was music playing outside in the streets and they allowed it to cover the silence between them. (F/n) moving gracefully to it, moving gently to the sounds, and Kurapika did the same, allowing the black sweater to sway around his form. One of the two began to hum and the other followed along perfectly.

Drying the last dish and putting it in its correct spot, (F/n) turns to look at the calm look that rested on the blond's face. It was as if all his worries washed away along with the water in the sink and (F/n) could feel her heart swell at the sight. Kurapika folded the cleaning rag before placing it on the counter next to the sink, quickly noticing the girl's stare. "Is something the matter?" He asks, tilting his head slightly, but (F/n) shakes hers gently.

"It's the sweater." His eyes widen and gave her an apologetic look, "oh right, you must want it back." He goes to pull it off and she stops him, placing her hand against his. "Keep it," she simply states, "it looks good on you." The compliment caught him off guard and his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. He could tell by the look in her eyes that she meant it and he nods. "If that's the case, I guess it wouldn't hurt."

A smile falls on her lips and before she could say another word, her phone buzzes. Dropping her hand to her back pocket, she apologizes. "I've got to take this, I'm sorry." He accepts it and she walks off into the front room, leaving Kurapika's natural curiosity to get to him. He wouldn't eavesdrop, it was rude, but maybe she'd say something to him about it once she came back.

The sound of hurried rustling was heard, and that's when the front door opened and shut quickly after. If she comes back. He thought and he could feel the disappointment bubble up, causing him to clutch at the hem of the black fabric. He looked around the kitchen, noticing how empty it felt. It was almost as if she was never there. The music stopped outside, followed by sweet applause. Sickly sweet. (F/n) wasn't there for too long, but the abrupt exit felt weird to him. It wasn't like Kurapika had became attached to her in such a short amount of time, right? Right?

-

"What's the situation, boss?" (F/n) hasn't had a call from him in so long, it felt strange to be standing in the same room with everyone again. Chrollo turns his attention from the group and locks his brown eyes with her (e/c) ones before examining her. "You were almost late and you're sweater is gone." Feitan looks over at you, scuffing, "Could not be fashionably late?" You give him a glare, followed by a quick, fake smile. Illumi didn't give you a second glance as he sits next to his brother, Kalluto. Who of which, looked some-what happy to see you.

"I could take the rest off," you snidely remarked, "if it makes you feel any better." Machi couldn't help but laugh under her breath, resulting in an annoyed grunt from Chrollo. "Just sit down, seven." Seven? She thought. As in my number? She rolls her eyes. He made her name sound as if it was a curse. He's still upset with me about that? She takes a seat on a large chunk of smoothed rock, between Phinks and Nobunaga.

They weren't exactly a fan of her either, but there she was and they couldn't get rid of her if they tried. "You all are probably wondering why I've called you so suddenly." Chrollo brings his hand up, slicking back his already gelled hair and (F/n) snickers. "Yeah, no shit," she whispers to herself, well mostly to herself since Phinks heard it and nudged her playfully. Almost playfully since it felt like he cracked a rib.

Ignoring her, Chrollo sighs. "If you haven't noticed already, some of us are missing." He points his finger in the air. As if he figured out something mind-blowing. "Shizuku and Bonolenov. I want us all to look for them, so keep your busy," he glances over at (F/n), "schedules clear. We need to start right away, considering they've been gone for two weeks at most."

(F/n) narrows her eyes. "And you've decided to call us now?" She interjects, "Boss, with all due respect, why the hell haven't you said anything to us sooner?" He shrugs, "They're their own people, I figured they were living their lives." She scoffs at him and stands up. "Last time I checked, Boss, but we're criminals, we can't exactly go skipping through the streets with baskets of candy in our hands!" She was walking towards him now, "you should've told us much fucking sooner. Hell, they could be dead now!"

Chrollo stands up as well, looking straight into her eyes. "You would like that, wouldn't you?" His voice was threatening.

The others stand up, moving away. She laughs in his face, the urge to spit on his precious coat surged through her. "Yeah, because at least I would know where they fucking are."