𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 𝙾𝚞𝚝

(F/n) stares down at the graves that now belonged to two of the Spiders. Her friends. She could feel her throat want to close up as she silently cries. "I'm so sorry I'm late, you guys." Everyone else was gone by the time she arrived, but at least they didn't have to see her break down at the sight of her friends' graves. She places flowers against the headstones. Flowers that (F/n) had robbed from a flower shop that happened to be on her way.

"And you wanna know what's funny..." she stops talking and kneels on the ground, "and kind of sad? I just had dinner with the man that killed you two." Saying it out loud let (F/n) realize how screwed up it sounds, but the weight was on her chest and she had to talk about it whether or not anyone else was around to hear it or not.

"And-and... he's not that bad. He's a good person with fucked up past. A past that you two were involved in." (F/n) let tears fall against her lap. Tears for them and tears for him. She wanted to make herself feel better, so she says, "I used him to break my coffee table. Ya know the one that had the glass top?" She cringes at the memory and rubs her temples as it made her feel worse, "not exactly my greatest moment. But I was so angry with him. I won't forgive him for what he did, but I'm not going to give up on him. He's broken and his family was taken from him. He needs someone to be there for him and I want to be that person. I want to help him whenever he needs it.

I want to make sure that he's safe and cared for because we all know that we all need someone to care for us. We all need someone to care for as well. It's just how we're wired, ya know? And I think the worst part of it is, is that I think I've fallen for him. That probably makes me a bad person, but that doesn't matter. No one's here to tell me that I can't do it and- yeah, I sound like a pretty shitty person." (F/n) laughs at herself, realizing how pathetic she seemed.

"The Phantom Troupe is my family and I'll try to protect them with all of my power and I'm sorry I couldn't do that for you two. I failed and it's no one else's fault but mine. I'll try and become stronger so something like this doesn't happen again, I promise... I'm sure even if I have to go against him, then I'd still do it."

None of this made (F/n) feel any better and she was sure that she was just spouting out nonsense now.

"We've both had things we care about taken from us, but I'll be damned if my family is taken from me again."