𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

(F/n) exhales sharply as she and Illumi sit in uncomfortable silence. His black eyes practically pierced her soul as if trying to look into her mind. "Alright," she finally says and leans across the table, "what did you find? There's something you're hiding from me." They were currently in a hotel with Hisoka who was raiding the minibar. They didn't need Chrollo showing up at their homes and seeing them together. She was suspended from the search after all.

Illumi folds his hands together and sits them in front of him before saying, "I have information on Shizuku and Bonolenov." She swallows harshly at his words, her eyes widen a bit, and her jaw clenches. She was preparing herself for the worst. Even if his face was completely empty of emotion, she knew something was off. When she doesn't say anything, he continues talking, "they've been killed."

She gathers her skirt in her hands, the fabric wrinkling as she stares at the table. With a shaky voice, she asks, "do you know who did it?" She seemed to already know because she answers herself, "the chain user." Illumi gives her a short nod and she stands suddenly, her face feeling hot with anger. "I need to go."

Hisoka walks over to Illumi, noticing the door shutting. "I take it she's going upset?" The magician questions and twirls a strand of black hair between his fingers, causing Illumi to slap his hand away. "And yet you still refuse to tell her who the chains belong to." Hisoka lets a laugh slip through his lips and gives a half-hearted shrug before saying, "she's a grown woman and a spider, she'll find out eventually." 

(F/n) punches her fist into a tree and immediately winces, her broken wrist still not properly healed. Anger flooded through her veins and she felt like her knees were going to give out. Yes, Shizuku and Bonolenov were killers and thieves, but they were the first two that made her feel as if she belonged. They were her closest friends and their lives were taken away and yet, she couldn't do a thing about it.

"That looks like it hurts." A familiar voice says and she spins on her heel to see Kurapika standing there with grocery bags in his arms. She snorts and shakes her head, "Didn't even feel a thing." Her feelings from before seemed to slowly fade away into nothing at the sight of him and her heart softened. Why exactly did he have this effect on her? They hardly knew each other, but she didn't care. 

"How are you feeling?" She asks the blond, referring to two nights ago and Kurapika's eyes widen slightly before returning to normal. "I'm doing better." He tilts his head towards the tree and gives her a teasing smile, "what did the tree do?" (F/n)'s lips form a thin line and her smile goes away before she says, "it looked at me funny." Kurapika notices that when her face falls, she looked as if she was going to bubble over with emotion any second.

A fake smile plasters itself on her face, not wanting to make him uncomfortable any further. "Well," he starts and adjusts the paper bags in his arms, "I'll be making dinner tomorrow with a few friends. I'd like for you to join us." (F/n)'s face softens and a small smile appears on her lips, "I'd like that, actually. I'll see you there?" 

Before they could exchange their goodbyes, (F/n) asks, "What time should I be over?" 

"We'll be starting at six," Kurapika answers. 

Nodding, she says, "I'll be there."