001, UNREQUITED LOVE.

Dear Ophelia,

          I never wanted to kill you.

          Surely you understand I had to kill you. Your love expressed many things inside of me I longed to feel for centuries. You made me feel alive again. You and I both know nothing lasts forever and I could not hold onto it. There was a choice you or my plans.

          I had gotten sidetracked from my desires. You tried to blind my vision by putting yourself in front of me clouding my judgment completely. Your allure held me in a chokehold that could've went on for eternity if I hadn't broke free from your spell. You tried so hard to bring out my humanity, I do pity you.

          Your responses to what I had done is well deserved. I can feel the disappointment rested on your face with the disbelief in your eyes. I could not have you love me. Everyone would see you as my weakness and use you against me or you using that to your advantage, I cannot have that. If letting you go was my chance to gain back power, it had to be done.

          You, as will everyone else, will see me reign. I am what many others wish they were. I have the power to breed those like me under my command. I will have an army and those who try to oppose me will regret it.

          Our love was unrequited before I staked your heart.

Love, Klaus.