winter fete: part two

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓:

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓:

"I thought you loathe touching others"

After the demonstration Katerina was ready to leave for her room, not being in the mood for dinner. She had enough of celebrations for a couple of years. Yet when she was practically at her door, someone grasped her hand and whirled her around making her walk with them. She turned her head to see Aleksander with an unusually beaming smile on his face and blue irises in his hand.

"You have been avoiding me since you left my rooms so now you are walking with me to get Alina." Katerina sighed yet walked with him.

"Why can't you do it alone?"

"Because people need to see the Darkling with his Inferni beside him at least once, am I right?" He glanced to his right, where the redhead was walking beside him, with a smile on his face. Katerina did not bother to look at him.

"No, you are left."

She sent him a sarcastic smile to which the man replied with a laugh.

Soon they reached the Summoner. She was walking in their direction with two guards behind her.

"Thank you we'll take it from here." Katerina was quick to object.

"Actually, you are going to take it from here. I am going to my room." She turned to Alina with a smile. "Have a nice rest of your night." The Sun Summoner offered a beaming smile in return. Aleksander then gave Alina the flowers and lead her away. Katerina watched them walk away when she heard footsteps retreating behind her.

"Halt you two!" The redhead had an eerie feeling about these two guards. In fact, she had a strange feeling all night that something or someone was watching her. She turned around to see both of the guards with their backs turned to her. She narrowed her eyes ready to walk forward when someone from behind stopped her.

"Katerina!" The redhead closed her eyes and breathed out in annoyance. Then she spun around to see one of the Inferni twins. Pavel. "How did you like our demonstration?" The man smiled at the redhead waiting for her to say something. The redhead stared at the man for a minute before turning around ready to confront the two suspicious guards only to see that they are gone.

"Saints." She mumbled a few more profanities under her breath before Pavel moved to stand beside her looking at the space where the two guards were standing just a few seconds ago.

"Those guards seemed suspicious to you too?" She slowly shifted her head to face the man with a glare. The redhead observed how he gulped upon her glare yet said nothing.

"Yes. Well now because of you, I lost them." She turned to fully face him. "Now they are your problem." She sent him a sarcastic smile. Katerina patted his chest with her palm before turning around and walking to her room. Again.

After a few turns around the hallways she was almost there when turning one last corner she bumped into a guard

"You better watch where you are g..." The redhead was so furious she snapped at the guard but only when she looked at his face, a soft ''you' fall over her lips.

Kaz Brekker cursed the Saints for choosing this hallway. He instantly noticed that the redhead has been caught off guard and so he didn't think twice. He seized her hands with one hand and placed his other hand over her mouth while he pressed the girl against the wall.

He noticed that the girl was trying to say something, her eyes narrowed to slits. The boy could only imagine the curses that fell over her lips at this very moment. Suddenly he felt that the hand that was gripping Katerina's arms started to feel warm and after a few more moments it was burning hot. Instantly Kaz released the girl's hands with a quiet hiss when they were too hot for him to hold. Katerina used the moment and pushed his other hand off her mouth.

"I thought you loathe physical touch." This time it was Kaz Brekker who was caught off the guard and using the moment the redhead pushed the young man against the wall. In the same place where she was just seconds ago. Yet their moment was interrupted by footsteps just around the corner coming in their direction.

"Shit," Katerina mumbled while looking around for a place where to hide. She turned to her left to see the familiar doors to her rooms. Tilting her head to the right, she hummed then looked at the man in front of her. "How convenient."

Without second thought Katerina opened the doors to her room and pushed the young man inside, locking the doors behind her.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:

' this chapter was short I know. BUT. the next chapter is going to be longer because cmon, these two need to talk out their problems. 

Moony x