𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 <14>

MIKE CHECKED THE WATCH ON HIS WRIST FOR THE FOURTH TIME THAT NIGHT. He felt as if he had been waiting forever for Joyce and Hopper to return with his two friends and he was extremely nervous.

What if they couldn't find them? What if they didn't make it out?

Mike couldn't wait any longer. He needed to do something.

"Nancy? Johnathan?"

Where the hell did they go?

"They're gone." Mike huffed as he crashed down back on the bleachers.

"What?" Lucas scoffed.

"Nancy and Johnathan. His car's gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin teased causing Mike to gag.

"No. No way!"

"Did they go with the chief?"

"I don't know." Mike scrunched his eyebrows.

"No." Eleven mumbled.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?"

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?"

"Demogorgon."

.

Jennifer Harrington returned to her car with a scowl. She had got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"Did you talk to him?" Steve asked his mother as she returned to the car and started the engine.

"No." She dismissed briskly.

"What do you mean no?"

"He wasn't there."

"Then get them to call him."

"Don't you think I tried? They won't listen!"

"Then let me talk to them." Steve unbuckled his seatbelt, getting ready to open the door.

"No. We're going home."

"What? No. You said that we'd find Alice."

"We can't. Not without Hopper."

"Yes we can, it didn't stop us looking before. Just let me talk to them-"

"We're going home, Steve. I'm not wasting my time in there anymore."

"So that's it then? What, so you're just going to give up looking for her, after one bad conversation with a few dumb cops?"

"I've looked everywhere. I've tried everything. I've listened to everyone. And she's still not home, Steve."

"Please don't give up, Mom. Please, help me look for her."

"I'm sorry Steve. But I can't do this anymore."

"What? So you're just going to turn you're back on her? just like dad!"

She didn't respond, she kept her eyes trained to the road as she drove home. "Pull over." Steve ordered.

"Steve-"

"Pull over!"

The woman took a sharp stop at the side of the road.

"I'll find her myself." Steve spat jumping out the seat. "This is why I can't trust you."

"Steve. Don't do this please, just get back into the car."

"Why? So you can take me home and pretend this never happened. No. I'm done Mom. I'm done with all your bullshit."

He slammed the door in her face turning his head behind him one more time. His mother sat in the vehicle, watching her son storm away for the second time that day.