𝐌𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 <43>

THE 4TH OF JULY WAS A HOLIDAY WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FULL OF FUN. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances the group of friends were having anything but fun locked away in Jim Hoppers cabin in the woods. Alice envied those at the carnival. She could hear the laughter and fireworks from here.

After El had calmed down from her encounter with the shadow monster, she had explained what had happened during their talk.

"He said he was building something. That it was all for me." El spoke sadly.

"Building something? Is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked.

"He must be." Nancy answered.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas stated.

"Yeah," Mike nodded. "But he's not building this army to spread."

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will finished.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him."

Alice's eyes shut at Mike's words. Hearing them talk about it reminded her of what happened. What happened to her.

"I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"Yeah," Alice lifted her head. "Well he's pissing me off." Her head fell back down in between her legs.

"But the mind flayer's royally pissed off." Lucas said capturing Alice's attention. She shook her head and her head met her knees again.

"The mind flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way——"

"Game over." Lucas finished for Mike.

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you."

Alice's head snapped up again. "Charming." She slurred sarcasm.

"Yeah, well that's nice." Max agreed.

Alice was about to utter another remark before Nancy distracted her. The older girl stood up from her spot and approached the window. She peered out silently. "Do you guys hear that?" She shuddered.

"It's just the fireworks." Johnathan dismissed, although Nancy didn't seem to take his response literally.

"Billy. When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy turned back to face the children.

Eleven nodded. Nancy's eyes went wide, and suddenly everyone else was able to hear the noise she could hear from the distance. Only this time, it was a lot louder.

Alice and Will met eyes. This time she knew that Will too felt it. He was here, again. Only this time he was literally here and not subconsciously here.

"He knows we're here." Will stated.

Nancy was the first to shoot outside the door. Everyone else followed closet behind her, they were desperate to see what they were up against. On Alice's way out the door she grabbed her baseball bat that she had lent to El for over the duration of the summer. She was glad with her decision now considering she needed a weapon to fight with.

Somewhere out there was the shadow monster, coming to kill them all.

Looking over the hill it came into the spotlight. There it was. From the hospital, it had grown much much larger since. It was towering above the trees and could definitely overpower the lot of them.

"Oh, shit." Alice cursed.

"We're gonna need a bigger bat."

.