𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 <30>

SADNESS FILLED THE COOL AIR OF THE BYERS RESISTANCE. No one knew what to say or do. Joyce was distraught the minute she sat down in the car. Hopper explained everything to Johnathan as he was rather surprised at her behaviour, but of course she was too sad to explain it to him.

As soon as they returned home, Joyce locked herself away in her bedroom. She didn't want any company right now. She just wanted to be alone.

No one really understood her pain. No one other than Nancy. Although, Nancy didn't actually see Barb die. She just, found out about it. But what really bothered Nancy most about Barb, was the guilt which came along with it.

She blamed herself for her best friends death. When really, it wasn't her fault at all. It was those pricks from Hawkins lab. And they just took another persons life, along with many others.

In the far corner of the house, Jennifer was sulking. As soon as they walked in the front door, she asked Hopper when they were going back for Alice. He told her to hang her fire as he needed to call for backup.

It meant they actually stood a chance. Because right now, they didn't. They barley made it out alive. Going back in there without back up would be a stupid and careless plan. That was something that Hopper didn't want to risk. After trying to talk to Joyce but getting nothing out of her, Hopper went on the phone in search of help. Yet all he really seemed to do was argue with them on the phone.

"You okay?" Steve said, crashing down on the wall next to his mother.

After Steve found out the news about his sister who had been abandoned at the lab with those monsters, he was distraught. He had to take five minutes to calm himself down outside. After deeply thinking about the situation, he knew he couldn't blame Hopper for doing what he did. Steve had faced these things just earlier tonight, and they barely made it out alive. Hopper was right. They needed back up.

"What'd you think?" She sassed. "I can't believe you and your sister kept this from me." She continued after a pause.

"Can you really blame us?" He replied. "I mean it's not really something you can just bring up and expect someone to believe. It all just sounds crazy . . .  It is crazy."

"Yeah," she laughed. "I just, can't really believe this happening. It's like a dream . . . Well, actually it's more of a nightmare."

Steve let out a small giggle. "We'll get her back. We managed before, so we'll manage again."

Jennifer nodded softly. She truly hoped so. Maybe they'd have luck in their favour once more. And maybe they'd get Alice back unscathed. It was a long shot but they could only hope.

That was all they had left.

After about twenty minutes of Jennifer trying to get a wink of sleep she eventually gave up and decided to check on Joyce just as Hopper had done.

Steve and the rest of the kids where crammed up together in the kitchen. Almost all of them were on edge. After hearing about what happened to Alice and Will they were terrified.

Mike had moved up out of his seat and grabbed a blue cube which was lying still on one of the tables in the Byers. The place was a mess. Much like their life at the moment.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" He said studying the object with his back turned to the others.

"Really?" Lucas replied unknowingly.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fund-easier for equipment." Mike continued walking forwards as he spoke. "Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"