𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 <15>

THE SOUND OF GUN SHOTS BEING FIRING WAS, the only thing to be heard throughout the school building. The boys were distraught. It was hard enough trying to avoid the demogorgon but they also had to avoid getting their heads blown off.

"Sorry. Hold on, we're almost there. We're almost there." Dustin said to El softly while flinging a  classroom door wide open with his spare hand. "Come on. Come on. Help. Help."

Lucas assisted Dustin helping to lift her up on the table at the back of the room. "Come on, get her on the table."

Mike came over and stood at the other side of Eleven, grabbing her hand softly. "Just hold on a little longer, okay? He's gone. The bad man's gone. We'll be home soon, and my mom . . . she'll get you your own bed. You can eat as many Eggos as you want." Eleven sniffled.

"And we can go to the Snow ball." Mike continued.

"Promise?" Eleven asked, her voice in a desperate whisper.

"Promise."

The gun shots were getting quieter and quieter as each shot went off. That was not a good sign. "Is . . . is it dead?" Dustin stuttered.

The door flying off it's hinges was a clear enough answer for Dustin as the demogorgon let out a threatening screech on top of the broken door.

"Go, go, go, go!"

"Get the wrist rocket! Get the wrist rocket now!" Dustin slapped Lucas.

"Go, go, go, go, go!"

The monster stood up, walking slowly towards them all. "Take it out now!"

"Get the rocks, get the rocks! Get the rocks!"

"Getting the rocks!"

"Give me one." Lucas stuck his hand out.

"Come on!"

Grabbing the rock and flinging the wrist rocket back, Lucas released his first rock. It hit the demogorgon's arm but It had no effect.

"Give me another one."

"Kill it! Bastard!"

"Kill it! Go, go, go, go!"

"Kill it now!"

"Come on . . . kill the bastard."

"It's not working." Lucas turned to his friends after firing a few more rocks. They were running out of options here and time was running out.

"Hit him again." Mike begged.

"Kill him!"

The demogorgon was in arms reach.

"Keep going! Come on!"

Dustin grabbed a few rocks from the pile and attempted to help Lucas by chucking them towards the demogorgon at a fast pace.

Picking up the last rock, Lucas aimed straight for it's mouth. His aim was on point. He hit the demogorgon straight in the throat. It flew back rather rapidly all the way to the front of the classroom landing harshly on the chalkboard.

The boys all turned to each other in disbelief. There was no way-

Eleven.

It wasn't Lucas, it was Eleven. It was always Eleven.

She didn't look well. Her eyes were all bloodshot and she was bleeding from her ears as well as her nose. They had never seen her so unwell.

"Eleven, stop!" Mike ran forward.