TRAVIS'S POV: The Falling Action

Travis's POV:

I could still hear my father, so focused on finishing the spell. But I was looking at Sally Face. It felt like I hadn't seen him in much too long, and he looked so upset. I wanted to abandon everything and wrap my arms around him. But I didn't. I knew that what I was about to do was much too important. I returned my attention to my shouting father. Even amongst the cacophony of screams and shouts, he was still the loudest and most intimidating.

And my heart almost stopped when he noticed me standing right behind him. He went silent for a moment. I didn't have time to be afraid anymore. I didn't have time to think when I shoved the knife into my father's chest.

His eyes widened with fear and betrayal and he grasped at my cloak as he choked and fell backwards. My stomach lurched as he pulled me forward, and I saw nothing but the pit and my father. I was going to die. I heard the sound of Sal's guitar. I wanted to tell him I loved him one last-

Strong hands grasped around my waist and I was pulled backward, into reality. We stumbled and fell into the ground. My fall was caught by a soft body, who yelped in pain. Ashley pushed me away and gasped for air.

"Sorry." I said, getting up and helping her. Everything had gone eerily quiet. I looked around me and the floor was littered with corpses, cloaks, and slick with blood.

The only living people in the room were us now. Me, Ashley, Sal, Todd, Neil, and Maple, who looked near death, actually. I breathed a sigh of relief. Todd was undoing the chains.

Maple and Neil fell to the floor with a thud. I took off my cloak and wrapped it around Maple to cover her. It must have been so uncomfortable up there completely naked. She smiled quietly and pulled it around her.

I finally turned my attention to Sal. He was on his knees, shaking his head and whispering to himself. "I had no choice. I had no choice."

I sat down on my knees beside him and wrapped my arms around Sal. He burried his face into my chest and sobbed.

Despite how broken we are now, it was finally over. I hugged him tightly and felt safe, for the first time in my entire life, I felt completely safe.