5

Harry’s POV:

                I watched Violet as her and her mom walked out of my house to their car.

                I went to lay on my bed and started to think about my cousin from two years ago.

                I remembered the first time she talked about her problem.  She was 16 at the time, and I was 17.  She was tall, had blue eyes just like my brother and was so skinny.  Her name was Abigail.

                Every time I would see her, it seemed like she was skinner than the last, and she always looked so, lifeless.

                One day my brother and I were over at her house to spend the night and I knew that there was something really wrong.

                I always saw Abby as my little sister rather than just a cousin, so that night, I went to talk to her.

Flashback:

                “Hey Abby! I was wondering if we could talk?” I asked knocking on her door, trying not to sound worried just yet.

                “Oh um yeah sure Harry just hold on one second please.” She said sounding almost nervous.

                I waited outside her door until she opened it and allowed me into her room.

                “So whatsup?” I asked not knowing when to get to the main worry.

                “Oh, nothing. Was there something you needed to talk about?” Abby asked looking at me from across the room.

                “Yeah, actually there is something I’ve been meaning to ask you about.” I said moving across the room to sit with her.

                “Okay well what is it?” She asked seeming only a little fazed by me talking in a serious tone now.

                As I sat down next to her, I realized just how fragile she really had become.  I also realized the blood she has rubbed on her hand.

                I took her hand in mine and observed it carefully.

                “What is this from Abby?” I asked carefully, already knowing what it was.

                I just kept looking down at her hand, waiting for her to answer and when she didn’t, I looked up into her eyes.

                I looked back down at her arm as I pushed up her sleeve to see multiple cuts on her wrist.

                “Harry I-I just. I’m sorry.” I heard Abby say, and when I looked up she was softly crying.

End of Flashback.

                I remember that night well, even though it was so long ago. I remember telling her how amazing she really was, and that she did not need to starve or cut herself.

                It was a few months later that she committed suicide and I still have never forgave myself for not helping her enough.

                I was angry with myself for not looking out for her as well as I should have.

                She told me she was better, and I believed her.  I never checked her, because I thought it would be invading her privacy and make me seem like I do not trust her.