2

“Thanks for my things, Harry.” I said grabbing my bag and putting it my arms through the straps.

                We just held eye contact for a couple seconds until he broke the silence.

You hit your head pretty hard, are you sure you don’t need me to help you walk?” Harry asked.

                He really is sweet.  I’ve told him at least three times already that I don’t need his help, even though I know I do.  I’m actually in a lot of pain, but I don’t want him to worry so much.  Maybe I do though.  I’ve never had anyone worry for me before, so this is new to me and I’m not sure how I need to respond.

                “I’m fine, I will be okay.” I replied.

                “Let me at least take a little of your weight on my own so you don’t put as much stress on yourself.  You hit your head pretty hard and I think it would be best if I helped you so you don’t get dizzy.”

                “I said that I am fine already.  Just please stop.  My house is right around the corner, it will only be a couple more minutes.” I replied with annoyance in my voice.

                I started to walk ahead of him a bit because he was really starting to freak me out.  He doesn’t even know me.  Why does he care so much?  I should not be letting him know where I live.  This is a bad idea.  He’s probably some kind of crazy rapist stalker.  This is not good, I am so stupid. 

                Before I could quicken my pace to escape from him, I felt hands on my waist and was being lifted up.

                This cannot be happening to me!  He is going to kill me. 

                “AHHHHHH LET GO OF ME!” I scream.

                “You don’t have to scream!  I’m just trying to help you.  Please stop struggling; you are only making it worse.”

                “No you are going to rape me!  I am not stupid!” he dropped his hands from my waist instantly.

                “I am not going to rape you! I would never do that!” he said looking straight into my eyes.

                I believe him now.  I don’t know why, but with him starring into my eyes I can tell that he is not lying.

                “Okay.” I replied lamely while looking down at my feet.

                “Now let’s just get you home because I can see a bruise starting on you temple and we should put ice on that to take care of it.” he said while lifting me bridal style awkwardly because of my book bag, and walking down the sidewalk.

                I don’t know how he is carrying me right now.  This is making me so self-conscious.  What if he’s thinking that I’m heavy?  How to I make myself seem lighter?  This is not good.  I don’t want him to think I’m too heavy.  I know I didn’t eat this morning, but I know I must be too heavy for him.  Maybe he will think it’s my bag that is so heavy; but he lifted it before and knows that it isn’t.

                “You should put me down; I’m too heavy to be carried.” “Which house is yours?” we both spoke at the same time.

                “What did you say?” Harry asked me.

                “Nothing, my house is that blue one.” I pointed to the blue house just across the street.