10

Harry’s POV:

                Violet just sat there while I had my lips pressed to hers, and didn’t make any moves. She didn’t move away, but she didn’t kiss back.

                I knew that she was confused about the kiss, I could tell, so I pulled away, muttering sorry as I did.

                I didn’t want to though. I wanted to continue kissing her, I wanted her to kiss me back, but I didn’t want to push her into something she didn’t want to do.

                I awkwardly raised my hand to rub the back of my neck, stealing a quick glance at her, to see her already looking at me.

                “I’m going to go.” Violet said getting off the bed.

                I didn’t want her to go. I wanted to keep her here with me. I didn’t want her going home by herself at two in the morning, I wanted to keep her safe.

                “Stay.” I said, grabbing her hand to sit her back down.

                “My mom is already mad that I left, and will be worried if I don’t come home soon.” She said pulling her hand out of mine and getting back up.

                “I will let your brother know that I am keeping you.” I said grabbing my phone of the night stand next to my bed.

                “Harry, I want to go home.”

                “I don’t want you going home this late by yourself.” I said, probably sounding over protective, but I don’t care.

                I sent Liam a text saying that I have Violet, and to tell her mom not to worry.

                “Harry, I want Liam to pick me up. I don’t want to stay here.” She said sounding a bit desperate to leave.

                I felt my phone vibrate so I looked down at the screen to see that Liam replied to my text.

Liam Payne: Ok, thanks. Mom and I were worrying. Just keep her safe. She was a little on edge earlier, and I don’t want her to do anything that could hurt her.

                I turned the phone to Violet, and I watched as she read it.

                “Tell him I’m sorry.” She said looking away from the phone, but kept her head hung low.

                I knew something happened between them, but I wouldn’t ask her what happened because it’s not my place.

                “Liam said that he needs to talk to you.” I said, probably sounding a bit awkward because I am in the middle of their situation.

                “Can I just call him?” she asked, finally looking up at me.

                I handed her my phone and watched as she walked out the door to call her brother.

                While Violet was away, my family spent a lot of time with hers, and we’ve become quite close. I would talk to Liam a lot about Violet. He told me that she was acting different than how she did before he went away to college, but he never asked her about it because he didn’t want to offend her.

                I never told him what I knew though. Maybe I should have, but I thought it would be better for her to tell him herself.