trois

Dear Luke,

Remember when my boyfriend, Derrick, cheated and broke up with me when we were in 10th grade? You were the first person I called that night. It was 10 at night on a Thursday and I rang you, bawling my eyes out. I couldn't get any full words out, all I did was cry into the phone and you stayed on the phone with me until you got to my house. I was curled up in a ball on my floor, not realizing you were in my room until you picked me off the floor and brought me to my bed. You cuddled me and raked your fingers through my hair, whispering to me that it was going to be okay. I didn't realize until I calmed down that you left your girlfriends house to come to help me. I wiped my tears away and told you to go back, I felt bad that I ruined your night with Laney. "Nonsense," you said, and continued to cuddle me until I fell asleep.

You were still there in the morning. Your eyes were lightly closed, your mouth partially opened. Your hair was a mess and your arm was loosely wrapped around me. I smiled at you, thinking that you were the best friend that I could ever have.

I miss when you used to cuddle me when I was sad. I also miss when you hit Derrick that day. I wish I could see that over again.

Forever yours,

Cassandra