onze

Dear Luke,

Remember when you were being rude and mean to me? You were going to hang out with Laney, leaving me behind. You were always hanging out with her then. You always canceled our plans for her. I get it, she was your girlfriend. But you didn't give me one full day. You came to my house for a half hour then got up to leave for Laney's. That pissed me off so much. The next day, you came over I snapped at you.

"Oh, you're not going to your girlfriends?" I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest. I was sitting on the edge of my bed and you were at my door.

"What do you mean?" I remember your eyebrows scrunching together.

"You've been spending so much time with your girlfriend, I thought you forgot about my existence." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, she is my girlfriend. Am I supposed to drop my plans with her to be with my best friend? Cassandra, I can hang out with my girlfriend." You snapped back.

"Of course, you can hang out with your girlfriend. But you've been canceling all of our plans to be with her. It would be nice to hang out with my best friend for more than a half hour every other day or so."

"Yeah well sorry I would rather be kissing my girlfriend and spending time with her rather than stay here listening to you mope around and be sad and watch Netflix!" You yelled at me. I remember you screaming that at me so clearly. My eyes started flooding with tears and my lower lip started trembling. Your face dropped, realizing what you said and you tried to apologize but I didn't listen. I screamed at you to get out. You did. I wish you hadn't listened to me. I wish you just stayed and forcefully hugged me. But you didn't. I fell to the floors bawling my eyes out.

Weirdly enough, I miss our arguments. You always came back to apologize and make everything better.

Hugs and kisses,

Cassandra