douze

Dear Luke,

Remember you came to my house to apologize the next day? Little did you know, that I was in my bathroom drawing lines on my wrists. Last time you caught me doing that was years ago. You made me stop and helped me clean them up. You made me pinky promise you to not do it ever again. I couldn't keep that promise. I walked into the bathroom connected to my room and took the razor to my wrists. I cried as I drew. My sobs were loud and I couldn't control my cries as I kept going. I heard you screaming my name once you got into the room. You could hear my sobs and you pounded on the bathroom door. You yelled that you were going to knock the door down. I was sitting in front of the door and I moved over.

You burst into the bathroom and saw me trying to hide the blade. I threw it in the toilet, and I flushed it so quick. I held onto my wrist and sobbed into my knees. You sat down next to me and held my head, making me look at you.

"Cas, you can't do this to yourself. No matter how mad you and I get at each other, this isn't the answer." You said then you got bandages from under the sink and wrapped my arm lightly. You stayed with me that night and apologized over and over again. I forgave you because you were my best friend and I couldn't live without you.

I miss when you used to stop me from doing bad stuff. Lots of times I can't control it anymore. I wish you could help me.

Forever yours,

Cassandra