trente et un

I gathered the letters that I wrote every day to Luke and tied them up together. There were so many of them. I held them in my hands and drove to his grave. I got out of the car and saw that Ashton was there. He sees me coming up and he smiles and hugs me.

"How you hanging in there?" Ashton asks as he hugs me.

"Barely," I give a small laugh.

"Same, I was just about to go. I should be getting back home now. Bye Luke." Ashton waves to the grave. "Take care of yourself, Cas. I'll text you soon." Ashton smiles and I give him a

hug goodbye and he leaves. I look at the grave.

"Hey, Lukey." I give a small laugh, tears clouding my vision. "I haven't seen you in like two days." His grave just stares back at me.

"I've written all these letters to help me get through the pain. It still hurts, but I'll be okay, I guess." I shrug, looking down. "I'm not going to write anymore. I'll write one maybe in a few weeks though, or a few months, or maybe a few years. But remember Luke, you'll always be in my heart no matter what. You were my first love and I fallen so hard. I don't think I'll ever love someone as much as I did you. You changed my life in so many ways and I love you for that. I miss you so much, Luke."

I set down the letters in front of his grave where it met the grass. I wiped my tears away from my eyes.

"Bye, Luke. I'll see you soon." I hold back a sob and I walk away from the grave.