quatorze

Dear Luke,

Remember when you came into my room telling me you had broken up with Laney? I was laying on my bed, listening to music in my ear buds, my eyes closed until you tugged them out of my ears. I look up and your eyes were red and you had tears streaming down your face. I immediately stood up on the bed so I could be a little taller than you and threw my arms around your neck, you were holding onto my waist. I remember hugging the life out of you. You sobbed into my shoulder and I felt my heart break. I hated seeing you cry. You didn't do it very often, but when you did it either was barely any tears or you were full on sobbing.

"She-she was so mean to you. She said so many mean things to you. I couldn't take it. No one talks like that about my best friend." You said into my neck, tears drenching my shoulder. I rubbed your back as you continued to cry.

"It's okay, Luke. Calm down. I'm here." I whispered into your ear. I remember you feeling so hurt. At that moment, I hated Laney with a passion. You were my best friend and she hurt you.

"I broke up with her and she ranted on about you. She told me so many mean things that I can't even repeat. It made me so mad so I slammed her room door when I left and I'm pretty sure I knocked down some pictures that were on the wall." You pulled away and I wiped your tears with my thumbs.

"You'll be okay, Luke. That was a bitchy thing of her to do. You'll be okay." I whispered. You smiled as a thank you and we spent the whole day eating a tub of chocolate ice cream.

I miss comforting you when you were sad. As much as I hated to see you upset, I was happy that I could be there and that you came to me.

Always in my heart,

Cassandra