vingt-six

Dear Luke,

Remember when I saw you for the last time? We had gone to the beach, but it ended up raining so we just stayed in your car at the beach and watched the rain fall onto the ocean. It was perfect. We kissed a lot in the car and we had talked about everything and nothing at the same time. It was one of the best dates, in my opinion. It was getting dark so we drove back to my house. I asked you if you wanted to stay over since it was raining so hard. You denied, saying you should get home. I let you go, I shouldn't have. You kissed me slowly and left. I called behind you to promise me to text me when you got home. You promised and you drove your black Mustang back to your house.

I waited for an hour for your text. I never got it. I called you, but you didn't answer. I thought your phone died. I got a call four hours later from Liz. I answer the phone to Liz crying into the phone and I hear the most heart aching news I've ever received. You got into a horrible collision on the way home. You hit a semi head on and died instantly. I remember falling to the floor screaming. My parents came into the room and found me screaming your name. I felt my heart shatter into bits and pieces and I couldn't believe you were gone. My parents drove me to the hospital and I saw you in the room, you were all cleaned up and lying motionless on the bed. Your eyes were closed so I couldn't see your beautiful ocean blue eyes. Your lip ring still was on your blue lips. Your blonde perfect quiff was messed up. Liz was in the room bawling her eyes out into her hands. I went over to her and hug her so tightly.

"My baby," She cried into my shoulder. I sobbed into her shoulder as well and we couldn't believe her only son, my boyfriend, and my best friend had died.

Forever yours,

Cassandra