𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚞𝚗𝚊:

A/N: okay, okay, just trust me on this one. in this one-shot your name is Luna. this is a random one-shot idea, but just trust it. enjoy!

-
I gazed up at the night sky, the moon shining bright as it took over the sky, small stars shining bright.

The air was tender and crisp, i could hear the water pouring down the stream gently, the mountains dark. Crickets chirped into the night sky, and a sense of peace washed over me.

I released a heavy breath, the tension in my muscles going with it.

I was thankful the cabin was in a secluded area, leaving the quiet night all to myself.

I held a warm mug in my hand, hot cocoa filled to the top.

My mind stopped entertaining my thoughts for a moment as i took in the breathtaking view.

My mind felt light, my worries abolishing.

"The little things always seem to capture you, my little Luna." A naturally soothing voice interrupted the silence i greedily took to my advantage.

Two arms that i practically considered home wrapped around my waist, claiming it.

Her face nestled into my neck, her body relaxing at my touch, as if it was the only cure.

"The quiet always makes me happy. Silence is so strong, loud even, yet it brings so much comfort." I spoke barely above a whisper, feeling like my gentle tone fit in the moment.

"Every moment of peace that the world gives you, you hold so close to your heart. I can't help but just stare as I see a look of peace fill your eyes. It makes my heart flutter, mia piccola luna." Stefani's Italian slipped, making my stomach erupt with butterflies.

God I was such a sucker for it and she knew it.

She wasn't naive to the fact.

" The moon always has a way of captivating you."
Stefani whispered in my ear.

"You captivate me." I slowly whispered, Stefani lifted her head from my neck as I did.

Her soft lips on mine gave me an answer in return, no words needed. The way her lips claimed mine said enough.

She pulled away, pressing her forehead to mine, her eyes fluttering close, her sweet vanilla scent filled my senses.

"Luna means moon, you know that right?" Stefani whispered against my lips, making me crack a smile as I placed my hot beverage down, having no intention of my clumsiness ruining the moment only to leave painful burns on my legs.

"Perhaps that's why i'm drawn to it."

"You really are my little Luna, huh?"

My little Luna.

She had always called me that.

I remember the amazement that filled her eyes once i had given her my name during the first time we had ever crossed paths. Her eyes glossed with a bit of hope.

I couldn't make out the reasoning, but it seemed important.

The question had sat on my tongue for a while, what was the reason for her nickname?