Insanity

The attack begins. I watch Techno climb up the watchtower and shoot fireworks down at the enemies, Dream, George, Sapnap and the rest. As the battle moves to L'manberg, I see Wilbur slink off to someplace elsewhere. I follow.

Wilbur goes into a small room made of cobblestone. There is a stone button on one of the walls, and words are scratched into the other walls. I read messages like "A special place" and "My L'manberg". I hear clashes and shouts outside of the walls; this room is probably overlooking L'manberg. Wilbur goes up to the button and slumps. I hear him talk to himself.

"It's gone. Everything is gone. It's over."

"What are you doing?" A voice appears behind me and Wilbur. It's Phil. He somehow found Wilbur's room and came to see him. 

Wilbur freezes and presses his hand against the wall. Then, listening to the screams outside, turns to face Phil. A single tear wells up in his left eye and rolls slowly down his cheek. It glistens in the dim torchlight.

"There was a saying, Phil. It was said by a traitor." 

I know that Phil can suddenly see Eret in Wilbur. A panicked look spreads across his face.

"It... was never meant to be." Wilbur concludes, and moves his hand to press the button.

Phil runs to stop him, but it is too late. Explosions go off, breaking a part of the wall with the button. Wilbur looks at his work of L'manberg and suddenly I realise what's going on. I'm Wilbur. I've gone insane. And there's one thing left to do to finish my job.

"Phil, Phil. Take this sword." I drop a sword at his feet, fall to my knees and look at up him with red eyes. "Phil, kill me."

__________

291 words

I hope you enjoyed my story! If you cannot tell, this is based on the scene where Wilbur blows up L'manberg and gets Phil to kill him. Also, thanks for noticing my book in the first place!