3 ~

We walked up the stairs and the drummer was already there, standing behind his battery next to Daniel's piano. He shouted a hi from where he was. Daniel approached him, leaving me behind. They shook their hands and Daniel sort of told me to come closer making a sign. 

His arm was now placed around my waist as he introduced us : This is Scarlett, my girlfriend, and this is Chris, but he prefers being called Woody, the drummer I just talked to you about.

I smiled and shook Chris's, or Woody's, hand. Like Daniel said, he seemed like a nice guy. In fact, he was. I sat on the bench Daniel and I had placed against a wall and just stayed there to watch them talk about their 'new little band'. Even though I wasn't talking much I was enjoying myself; seeing them sharing their passion for music was heart warming. After an hour, they finally tried to play. It was one of Daniel's songs. 

"Well I don't love you but I love your songs"

        These lyrics always made me smile. Oh, Daniel, I once told him after he had played it to me, I hope it is not what you think of me. I love your songs, yes. But it's you that I love. Your soul, the light in your eyes when you smile. The way you move, the way you talk. I could write an entire book about you. I will carry this love in my grave. And if it is not enough, I would scream your name around the world, so that everyone can be aware of us. Daniel Campbell Smith, I love you for what you are, not for what you do. I hope you already know all of this. 
All he did was smile and assure me that he already knew, that he never doubted, not even for a second, my feelings towards him. I smiled back, took his hand and placed it on my heart so he could feel it beat. He did exactly the same, took my hand, placed it where his heart was and said the three words that can change a life : I love you.

After they had finished their little session, we all went for a walk. We sat next to a river and bought ice creams. When I was admiring the fishes that were swimming in harmony someone pushed me into the water. That someone was Daniel. I didn't mind, today was hot and the water wasn't cold. The thing is : I was wearing a white dress. I got up and saw the two of them laughing at me, on the floor. "You look amazing" Woody managed to say between laughs. Daniel was laughing so hard that he couldn't even speak. 
Of course, I joined them. I wasn't the type of girl who gets mad because of a joke. And, if I got mad, it would've ruined my afternoon.

It was now time to go home. Time to go back to my parent's. All I wanted to do was to spend the night with Daniel but I promised my parents that I'd stay home for tonight. And I alway keep my promises. 
        I said good bye to Woody. Daniel accompanied me to my house. He kissed me good bye and I walked into my parent's huge house. Time to face the devil.