9 ~

After a month, I finally had the courage to tell my parents about us... Here is what happened :

I decided to go a Saturday, when I didn't have work, at their house. They greeted me with a hug and a small kiss on the cheek. "We haven't seen you for more than a week, now! Is everything all right, darling?" my mother asked. I paused and took a deep breathe before telling them. "Mother...  Father... I'm getting married." they stood in shock. Daniel didn't ask my father's blessing because he was certain he wouldn't have it. He wasn't totally wrong. Indeed : At first, my dad didn't accept it. He was yelling, calling him names even though Daniel wasn't here. It hurt me, like these words were meant for me. But, surprisingly, my mother was on my side. She was happy for me, that I already had found the man of my life.  A tear rolled down on her cheek when she whispered "My little girl is now a grown up lady." and hugged me.

It took a half an hour to my father to calm down.  He was now sat on his couch, lost in his thoughts. "When will be the wedding?" he finally said, not taking his eyes off the floor. 
I was feeling so relieved and replied : In about five months ! He wants to do it the 14th January. 
"That's soon..." he mumbled, stroking his new beard.

I nodded and everything went back silent. My mother and I were awkwardly standing in the middle of the living room, not truly knowing what to say neither what to do. 

My dad got up, "Scarlett..." he paused "You'll be the most beautiful bride that this world will ever see." He said, smiling and walking towards me with opened arms. Tears of joy were streaming down my cheeks. I felt blessed... happy. Finally, my dad had accepted it. That I will spend the rest of my life with this man, the one he had always detested. He kissed my forehead and muttered "I am so proud of you." I hugged him with my eyes full of salty water and shouted "Thank you! Thank you so much."
He laughed and pulled back "When will you buy the wedding dress?" he asked, making me even more excited than I was. I couldn't believe it. He was actually finally happy for me ! It felt like a dream. "I don't know ! By the way... I'm sure you'll love Daniel! You never had the chance to have a conversation with him... you neither, mother." She slightly smiled when I mentioned her "Maybe it's time." she said, making me smile uncontrolably. 

"I"ll come back later ! With Daniel." I said, running out of the house to tell Daniel the great news : 

He had my father's blessing.