21 ~

I was laying next to Daniel and I couldn't sleep for some unknown reasons. All I knew was that I was worried. Daniel had been acting quite strangely since he came back last week. I didn't know what time it was and I was only concentrating on his breathing. I turned my head to look at his flawless... everything. I smiled in the dark and envied him from being able to sleep, from being able to escape from reality even only for a few hours.
I decided to check how Mia and Dan were and so I slowly got up, only wearing my dark nightie, being careful not to disturb Daniel.         They were in the room next to us that I and Woody had painted, with Will's help. But of course, Kyle was the one who chose the decorations. Let's say his choices were particulary... pinky. I didn't really know if I regretted it or not.         I entered in their room and pulled the brown armchair between their two beds then made myself comfortable in it. They were both peacefully sleeping and I let myself get lost in my thoughts.  They truly were my sunlights, my treasures lighting up the darkest and deepest places of my soul. If I could have, I would have watched them for eternity. I know that I was scared at the beginning, scared of not being able to take good care of them. But I was wrong... They are a gift and I was more than grateful to Daniel... he was the one who made it possible. All my life I wondered how it would be to be a mother, and here I am, between our two children. They were perfect, just like their father. I knew that if I had to live without Daniel during an unknown amount of time, I had them to comfort me even without words. After a few minutes, my eyes started to feel heavy and I was soon gone into a dreamless sleep. 

I was woken up by Mia crying, who also had woke up her brother. I quickly took them in my arms to feed them, one by one. I didn't want them to wake up Daniel. But soon, I heard steps approaching the room and the door opened. Daniel had messy hair and was wearing his stripped boxers. "Hi honey" he said in a husky voice "How are you?" he scratched the back of his neck and yawned. He looked so exhausted...
"Morning!" I forced myself to sound alive "I'm good, you? I'm sorry if they woke you up..." I looked down to Dan who I was currently feeding. 
"Arh, don't worry. If you're up why wouldn't I too?" he walked towards Mia who was laying in her bed. He played a bit with her, making her laugh quickly. I smiled, kind of impressed. "She loves you so much." I said, still staring at our daughter. Daniel also smiled and answered "The fact that I won't see her grow up..." his voice broke. I instantly got up and placed Dan in his bed. I wrapped my arms around Daniel and stroked his back. "Don't think about it too much, please, Daniel. You're hurting yourself... And seeing you like this is the last thing I want." 
He sniffed "But it's stronger than me, I just can't help it. I'm so-" I interrupted him by placing a finger on his mouth 
"Stop apologizing for a minute, will you?"
He looked down at his feet. This was it... "Daniel. I have to talk to you... follow me." I walked out of the bedroom. I wasn't really sure of what I was going to say to him. I guess I'll let the words flow out of my mouth.