Nether

*Random(Romesse)*

Credit to WolfKIce on Deviantart for the drawing above ^^^ and the inspiration of this one-shot.

~~~~

F!Jesse's POV

"So, why did you want to go to the nether again?" I asked the redhead before me.

"I want to prove to Xara that I can fight a normal ghast without my powers," Romeo crossed his arms.

I looked at him suspoixously. "And where is Xara?"

"She'll be here any minute, just wait," he leaned on the obsidian that made the portal.

"Alright, but why do I need to come?"

Romeo looked at me. "I went to the nether with Xara once before and we were in a weird red forest as we came our of the portal. We saw a huge creature and I... I ran back out..."

I couldn't hold in my laughs. "It's been that long, huh?" I noticed Jack walking towards us, looking at a weird blue mushroom. "Hey, Jack. Weren't you exploring the nether lately?"

"Hey Jesse. Yeah, I have. I can't figure out what to call this strange mushroom..." He narrowed his eyes at it.

"It looks like like a warped version of a mushroom," Romeo commented.

Jack turned to him with his eyes lit up. "Warped fungus! Thats what I'll call it," he smiled. "Maybe I can call the blue nether items warped... whatever it is."

"Jack, since you've been exploring the nether, think you can tag along and show us what you've discovered?" I asked with a smile.

"I dunno, Jesse, it's dangerous," he said awkwardly while rubbing behind his head. "I'm all in," he soon grinned.

"Great!" I smiled.

It's been a while since I've been in the nether too. The last time I went was when I visited Olivia because Lluna accidentally swallowed the steel from the enchanted flint and steel. Who knows what new discoveries we'll find.

Xara finally appeared, looking really exhausted. "Alright, got your weapon?" She asked Romeo.

"I have my sword, a bow and a couple arrows," Romeo responded.

Xara then noticed me and Jack. "You guys coming too?"

"Yeah. Romeo said he found weird stuff the last time and was scared to do it alone," I explained.

"I was not scared, just... wanted... protection..." He rubbed behind his head awkwardly.

"Then let's get to it," Xara said, walking right into the portal.

The rest of us followed her and we were surrounded by a weird, bluer version of the overworld forests. Almost everything was blue, even the tree leaves.

"Wow, no wonder you went back to the surface," I told Romeo, looking around at the blue forest. "This place is creepier than before..."

"Although it's safe here, the nether is still dangerous. Did you bring a weapon, Jesse?" Jack asked.

"I have..." I searched my inventory, "an iron sword and a fishing rod."

"Well at least we're in a warped forest." Jack looked ahead and squinted his eyes. "There a crimson forest ahead. We can get food from the hoglins here," Jack informed us.