Withersoul (Part 1)

*Jetra*

For: Playni

Jesse's POV

My enchanted weapon finally broke the command block into pieces. The witherstorm roared in rage as it tossed me out of it through the opening. I fell into the water below and struggled to pull myself to the shallow.

The witherstorm disappeared, and the first thing that came to my mind was Reuben. I felt something grab my throat from the inside before coughing harshly.

"Jesse!" Petra called, running towards me with the others.

"Reuben! Where's Reuben?!" I asked, completely forgetting the scratching in my throat.

"I thought he was with you," Olivia said, beginning to worry.

()

The Order of The Stone stood in front of the citizens. They cheered loudly for their heroes, unknowing of the lie they've been told.

Pretty soon, the scratching in my throat came back. I cleared my throat before Gabriel turned to me. "Perhaps they deserve to know the truth about the Order."

"They do deserve the truth," I smiled.

As Gabriel announced his final words, I had to ignore the itchiness from the inside. It was bearable, but I thought it wouldn't be something to worry about.

I presented my speech to the citizens and they cheered joyfully. They praised us, the New Order of The Stone.

()

Days later, I laid sick in my house. I felt so weak, I couldn't get out of my bed at all. There were also sometimes where I'd black out at random times and forget what happens.

"Jesse? Are you still here?" I heard Axel call from another room. He knocked on the door before opening it, seeing me lying on my bed with low eyes.

"Where else would..." I coughed out a little, "...I be?"

"I dunno, I thought you'd feel better after a few days," he smiled awkwardly while rubbing behind his neck. "I brought some cookies for you. Oh, and Petra's here too."

My eyes randomly had energy to open up. "Petra's here?"

Just then, Petra walked in while she put away her sword. She saw me and stepped back. "You look horrible."

"I know, I know," I sighed, dropping my head back onto the pillow. "Nice to see you too, Petra," I smiled before coughing harshly.

"Do you have a cold?" She asked before sitting on the edge of my bed.

"He's got a burning fever, a really itchy throat, he feels like he can't move anything, his head keeps spinning when he gets up, AND his hair is dropping out."

"My hair is not–" I coughed, "–dropping out, Axel."

"Really? I thought it was," he implied while handing handing a cookie.

Petra frowned and used her hand to move my messy hair from my face. "What are those black spots on your head?"

I tried coughing before saying, "I don't know. It just appeared two days ago." I took a bite of the cookie and slowly chewed, feeling slight dizziness and a major headache.

"Aww man, I forgot to pick up my bucket of milk," Axel sneered, searching his inventory. "Watch over him, Petra. I'm gonna do get it."

Petra hummed and Axel left the room. "What else do you feel?" She asked.